Filament Questions

Is PLA filament currently allowed on any of the printers and more specifically would this graphene conductive PLA filament be allowed? I’ve made a couple nifty things in the past like wearable touch sensors and plastic, gel-less, reusable EMG electrodes. Having no more professional interest in trying to kickstart such projects, I figured it be time for me to pass what can be done with this filament.

Do we currently have any multi-filament printers?

Cheers

1 Like

Oh forgot, and what about any flexible filaments?

Yes; on one. I don’t know; ask Mitch. No. Yes.

You should join Makerspace and get a green dot, since our printers are for members only.

1 Like

Thank ya thank ya Mr. Aluminoid

That filament is purported to be extremely abrasive. Providing a replacement (PolyPrinter / Beryllium Copper) nozzle would welcome.

The graphene filament is abrasive but would be okay if I provided a replacement nozzle?

Only @themitch22 can answer.

I’m suggestion that an offer to recover from the presumed damage may sway Mitch’s opinion.

2 Likes

The Rostock Max delta printer currently has a steel nozzle which should be abrasive resistant. We did get a Flashforge Creator Pro with dual extruders that can do multi-extrusion. I haven’t had time to mess with it so if you’re willing to put in some time to set it up, I can send you the info the person who donated it sent me to get started. Off-hand the flashforge I think uses MK10 nozzles (makerbot style) if you want to bring your own and calibrate it.

I would recommend against using your own nozzle on the polyprinters, not worth the risk of us stripping the heater blocks. Only use the Rostock or Flashforge machines.

Thanks for spreading the knowledge… I was unaware or forgot. In this past, I only used it for such thin layers (0.1 mm) that I ran very little (<1 kg) through my Prusa.

How much time?
< 2 hrs - sure
2-4 hrs - maybe
The Flashforge would be a bit of a luxury for this but of course very sweetin general for the space to have! Can it do flexible filament too and would that require any extruders?

Can the Rostock do flexible filament?

As far as the Flashforge goes, (I’m the one that donated it)

“Thanks to the proprietary dual extrusion system and enclosed chamber, Creator Pro can print a wide range of materials including ABS, PLA, Dissolvable, Flex, T-glass and composite materials such as woodFill, copperFill, brassFill and more.”

Is the claim from their site. I’ve heard that sometimes it has problems with Ninjaflex and people have made some upgrades to the extruders to allow it to move through the gears with less buckling.

I never printed with it, I was mainly using ABS, PLA, and dissolvable scaffolding when I printed with it.

3 Likes

Thank you for donating this!

2 Likes

Yea man, thanks for donating that. Did the assembly instructions come with it or are they somewhere on the website?

1 Like

Well when I dropped it off the instructions were in there… I can dig around for another copy or I’m sure you can snag them from the FlashForge website. Last I checked they were available there.

1 Like

Got 'em and yeah I’ll knock this out. I’ll DM Mitch for anything else I should know.

2 Likes