Felt markers and cordless drills don't mix

Another fine case of, “Don’t make us make a rule” rears its ugly head, so here goes.

Please do not use cordless drills with anything other than actual bits designed for drills.

Winsor and Newton pigment markers are not drill bits, and although I’m sure they made lovely squiggles, they are all now in the trash.

Please, PLEASE, use common sense

4 Likes

Use of consumables w/o payment is against space policy. So is letting your kid out of your sight. Destruction of resources and attempting to hide it is further frowned upon.

3 Likes

Phillips screwdrivers make excellent ice picks if you grind them down on the bench grinder! (just kidding, do not do that, again!)

1 Like

Better than using the precision clamps in the Machine Shop…

1 Like

You didn’t disturb that did you? That’s a $3,000,000.00 piece of art showing a chilling indictment of the frustration of “Artist’s Block” on paper with markers! It’s just being stored at the Space until the Dallas Museum of Art has prepared a room. (We don’t want an incident like with that $120,00.00 banana!)

Should we start a new thread titled: “Don’t Do That (not again, please)!”

My favorite was glassware in the science area to make crack pipes.

Is there video? We could play it at the next get together. Seriously, what type of common sense is needed to figure this out? I never cease to be amazed at what people do anymore.

The serious part of this is an unsupervised child. The makerspace is seriously dangerous. And if a child can get into markers w/p the parent noticing, then they aren’t being sufficiently supervised.

3 Likes

Sad thing is the child was supervised

1 Like

The things I’ve seen done with screwdrivers, pliers, scraps of stock, grinders, torches, bench vices, and welders in the workshop toolboxes…

1 Like

Well I had my son with me and he was unsupervised in the first warehouse at Monetary Lane. Was not much in there at the time but he still did unexpected things like taping a broom to an office chair and spinning around in it. I got corrected by a BoD member and took it to heart instead of doubling down on my lapse. Still appreciate that the member handed it in honest and forthright way.

4 Likes