Fellow Makers please participate in my research (working on PhD) Thanks!

Hello curious people! Would you like to participate in a research study about learning? It will take approximately 25 minutes.

Please note:

1. Participation is completely voluntary. You can stop at any time. At the beginning of the survey clear instructions are provided on the voluntary nature of the study, confidentiality, approval received to conduct the study, and contact information.

2. All information collected is completely confidential.

3. Participation is open to anyone meeting the following requirements:
    a. U.S. adults over age of 18
    b. Smartphone owner
    c. Access to a computer to complete the survey

If you have any questions or concerns please contact me at [email protected]. I am a graduate student in the Department of Psychology and Special Education at Texas A & M University-Commerce working on research to determine factors that affect how well people learn new information. This study was approved by the Institutional Review Board at Texas A & M University-Commerce.

Follow this link to access the survey: https://tamuc.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_51HW26DihNGvad0

Thank you for taking time to participate! You made a difference in helping us understand learning.

Please help by sharing this survey if you know of others who might enjoy participating

8 Likes

So I went to the link and saw the title. :flushed: Not sure if I should continue since in college I was deemed unable to learn a language and excused from having to take a 2nd language to graduate. I did so bad my 1st semester, they immediately sent me to get tested! :rofl: I don’t want to skew your results. Should I skip it? :grimacing:

I swear I can learn new things…just not languages! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

At the end of the survey their is a line that says it’s open to all students. I’m not a student. Will that mess up your results?

I grew up in Commerce, my dad taught at ETSU. You have my deepest sympathy for every minute you’ve spent in that town.

No issues. With COVID-19 we moved open to all and online. It was set up as an in-person laboratory research. I appreciate the feedback. In our scramble to change everything, and with lag times- since everyone was hibernating , I did not catch all the little details. I am making notes for our next study.

Ummmm. I’m not sure how to answer that. :slight_smile: Everyone is welcome to take it. That said, our main data point is language learning. Your call. I plan to share my result screens at the end of the month when I have them so you can still see what the study is about.

You did give me a laugh, which is sorely needed. LOL

1 Like

LOL. I’m in the research phase and since COVID-19 I am teaching online. I kind of miss the sleepy town. :slight_smile:

Aš džiaugiuosi, kad galėjau padėti

1 Like

I’m glad I could make you laugh. I still laugh about it too! :joy: Obviously I learned a language because I speak English. :roll_eyes: I will probably do it anyways because I love taking surveys and tests like this. I can’t promise that I won’t produce an outlier score for you though. :nerd_face:

Incorrectly discarding outliers can be a big mistake, and has cost some companies millions of dollars. You really need to understand how those outliers do, or do not fit what you are studying before you toss them.

1 Like