Feather flags and post signs for apartment

Hi all,

Not sure if this is the right place but figured I whould start here.

I have an apartment building and I want to make feather flags and a post sign so I can post it in front of the building with the building name. Something like this

Anybody done this before or can make some recomendations?

That’s pretty big. It might be doable on the Multicam, though. If you could take pieces away for a glue-up, it might make everyone’s life easier. We’ve got the room, but many folks are all trying to use it.

I’m not sure what you mean by “feather flags”. Is that those strings of triangular flags? Those are usually made from a medium weight fabric. That would be easy enough to sew on our machines. Just time-consuming…

1 Like

Hi,
I’m Nick Sainz with MultiForm Inc. We have been a printer in Dallas since 1969. I can produce the Feather Flags and Yard Signs. I don’t do much of the post signs, but could probably get you a price on that as well. Just send me a PM if your interested and we can talk more about your project.

3 Likes

Thanks everyone.

Is there a course on the multicam?

this is what a feather flag looks like

Nick, thank you for letting me know. PM coming.

https://calendar.dallasmakerspace.org/events/view/9607

It’s a $50 class. Not sure what you get for that, but it will include any supplies.

I got there by sorting the Calendar for tools. Multicam CNC Router is the tool…

Nick’s probably got the best info on those flags. Dye-sublimation is probably the way to go to get the art on the flags, and there are probably several courses you’d need to do it right. Plus, I’m not a dye-sub person, so I don’t know what size our equipment will produce.

Somewhere here on the forum, someone said dye sub tends to fade with exposure to the sun. I’m too lazy to try to find that quote.

1 Like

Yeah, but I’m not sure what your other options might be for printing on fabric. Pretty much anything you’d print on fabric is going to fade. Regular dyes fade. Most printing inks fade. Paints fade.

Remember the “these colors don’t run” bumper stickers? Red fades faster of all colors, so those bumper stickers faded out to only blue pretty quickly.

Silkscreening?

I think that is the most common way to make flags which are not sewn from separate pieces of material.

1 Like