Favorite hobby heat gun?

What’s the current favorite variable heat gun for shrink wrap, 3D print hairs and general DIY?

Not sure the brand. But the black handheld one we currently have in Creative Arts is not bad. Small focused exhaust on it, which I like

I know my wife hates this answer but it depends on what you are doing. This gun is good for electronics since it has adjustable air flow as well as temp:

But it would suck a stripping paint.

1 Like

This is my favorite personally,

This F-er get seriously hot and that makes larger projects much easier and quick. I use it for both electronic and non electronic projects. I can shrink tubing, strip paint, dry ceramics, ect. Plus it has a stand so you can use it with out needing to hold it.

3 Likes

Hhhmmm…and it’s red…dang it, the finish touches tend to get me!

Thanks guys. I’ll look at all of these.

Got this for the ELab:

In hindsight should have got kit including case and more attachments

These guys can pull a lot of current.
Make sure your outlet strip/extension/etc. can safely handle:

This is a really good one but is pretty damn heavy. It does a great job at everything.

1 Like

Now you made it tough… @artg_dms the all-n-one and only one I’ll likely ever need vs @Lampy the one for a really good price for what I need at the moment…

Considering getting to live next to my printer and wait until I want to actually need to strip paint within the next 10 years…

It’s a hard decision because I own lots of tools I didn’t need for years after I bought them…but, was glad I did when I needed it…

1 Like

Used it just the other day - and it’s awesome. I’m going to toss my little crummy one - I must have forgotten rule #1 - Always buy tools that will last a lifetime.

I have the same one as what @nick suggested. I wouldn’t call it hobby though. I have a Wagner as well, not as big of a fan on that one. I was out of town without my other Master heat gun so I had to go with what I could get in Paris.

1 Like

I don’t subscribe to the one heat gun for all uses model. Most of what I use one for is heat shrink, and a full size one is sort of a waste. This little one is what I use most of the time, but it won’t do everything a full size one will: