Failed Virtualization Class - Apologies To All! :-(

To all that attended the Introduction To Managing Virtualized Infrastructures class on Tuesday, I sincerely apologize for wasting your time. I’m a new member and was having difficulty setting up the class on the site. To my knowledge, the class never got created and I didn’t even know it was scheduled! (Perhaps the site admins could set up a notifier to the instructors that their class was posted).

After talking to Lisa, she gave me a bit more information on setting up the class. I’ve scheduled another class for July 5th at 6pm (as long as I didn’t mess something else up) and look forward to seeing you there.

Regards,
Paul Wagner

4 Likes

Sorry you had trouble with this.

As a learning point, if you submit a class or event (or think you submitted a class or event :slight_smile: ) you can see immediately if the calendar accepted it. In the upper RH corner of the calendar screen, click on MY ACCOUNTS / Hosting Events. If it is pending in the queue it will immediately show in your list. If it’s not there, then you didn’t succeed in submitting it.

After that, your event will make its way to the calendar within 48-72 hours unless it is explicitly disapproved; in which case you would get a notification. In other words, “no news is good news”. (No classes/events are explicitly “approved”. )

3 Likes

Thanks, John. Good info.

2 Likes

Here’s the class! (I sure wish there was confirmation to instructors as that just makes sense.)

https://calendar.dallasmakerspace.org/events/view/2883

I’m looking forward to this!

1 Like