Exotic Canon Rangefinder lens

Regarding the “Canon Dream Lens” (50mm f/0.95) … Apparently it was originally developed for the Canon 7 Rangefinder (film) camera.

Are there any current generation Canon (or Leica or anything else) bodies that might be compatible with the mount? Or any adapter that could make it so?

I’m not looking to spend a bunch of bucks just to experiment with a cool lens.

All of the T-adapters I have are essentially two pieces: one for the body side and one for the lens side. The two pieces are usually threaded together with a thread pitch in the 1.5mm range. (forget actual pitch, but whatever it is, I’m able to fdm 3d print the appropriate threads with some trial and error).

So you could get an appropriate t-adapter for the bayonet style for the body of your camera and create the lens adapter portion.

Then again, what you are needing might exist? https://www.amazon.com/Fotodiox-Mount-Adapter-Black-M39-EOS/dp/B0735G4PF6

Edit …
Actually the two pieces are held by 3 set screws. On the right is the camera body bayonet, and on the left is a threaded adapter for a 2" telescope tube. The left part slides into the right part.

1 Like