Exciting Equipment Thread

I got a TON of equipment at auction today. I could use some help identifying and finding uses for it. I’m going to be publishing pictures here. If this is the wrong place, mods please relocate. Thanks.

Laser lens, cooler, and tungsten wire?

These came wrapped in tissue paper in a small bubble wrapped envelope. I have no clue what they are.

Looks like rain, so I had to get the rest into the garage. I’ve got more fiber optic cables than I know what to do with, tons of plastic conduit, plastic structural parts that are manufactured exquisitely, pressure valves, serial cable terminations, carbon mounting brackets, stepper motor, transformers, a signal generator, assortments of industrial gearing…

Also a bunch of car parts I’ll post in auto.

This is not a sales pitch. I literally have enough equipment here to build a small Prime. Ideas?

One last thing I forgot to mention:

I also have conduit (stainless piping) cleaned and sealed for a clean room. To be clear, much of this equipment came from an auction of a semiconductor manufacturer / clean room equipment maker.

Also mylar balloons

Stay tuned for scenes from next week’s episode of “Storage Wars!”

1 Like

Lol, yup. My wife buys and sells at auction. I’ll refrain from adverts, but I’ll say if you’re looking dm me.

1 Like

The yellow cables bear some resemblance to the jumpers used for PON (i.e. Verizon FiOS™ or Frontier’s less-imaginative FiberOptic™) equipment.

No idea but that heatsink on the bottom is positively staggering.

Indeed, that thing is about a foot square

In situations like this, my Dad is fond of saying “that certainly is a nice one of those.”
:slight_smile:

1 Like