[Events] Minecraft Holiday Party

Hey guys!
The holiday season is upon us and @denzuko and I were thinking there is no better way to cope -cough- celebrate this joyous time than with a Minecraft party! This is still in the early planning stages so I’m posting this 1.) to gauge interest and 2.) pick a date for the party.

• December the 2nd
  • December the 9th

0 voters

Let me know what y’all think/want!

What is a minecraft party?

1 Like

It’s like cosplay, but with your fav Minecraft char

( :wink: ? )

like a party where we play minecraft? so something similar to the artemis nights.

Walter,

My friend’s son lived with me for a year (age 25). Played Minecraft, based on my observation it is some photonic form of crack that enters the body through the eyes and completely addicts a person. Apparently you can build all kinds of weird stuff or you can play in someone else’s shared stacked blocks nightmare. It was scary, he’d get catatonic like, only fingers twitching on the controller with that crooked smile that Chucky has.

16 Likes

Thanks Ashley for getting the ball rolling.

I thinking of launching a DMS Minecraft server so members can log in and build holiday themed things and we can 3d print the best builds voted by the makerspace.

Thoughts?

3 Likes

That is a perfect description of Minecraft! :smile:

Sounds good. Will we be able to access externally?

Yes, I’ll have it up on heroku doing the season.

And its live - https://dms-holiday-minecraft.herokuapp.com

Version is 1.12 and one just needs to paste 0.tcp.ngrok.io:17921 into the connect to server input box.

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: DMS Minecraft Server - Holiday Party

Awesome, if you need an extra Op, let me know

sure, PM me your Minecraft username so I can give you op

I wonder if @PearceDunlap could hook us up with a discord voice channel for it :smiley:

1 Like

Done :blankspace: fuuuuuuu it doesn’t count emojis as characters anymore

1 Like

It doesn’t? :blankspace:

LOL!!! Dude, there’s a reason members of the Minecraft community have lovingly referred to it as “Mine-crack” in reference to the way that “game” can consume you… I personally refused to play it for many months after being encouraged to do so because as I said at the time, I feared it would “eat my soul”. (That I would go all crackheaded over it… and once I got into it, that proved to be exactly what transpired!) :wink:

Ermagerd… lol… I used to get inducted as an admin on just about any server I joined, often building epic bases, machines, & community resources within our worlds… but I found I disliked the drama & politics involved with leadership roles in such large, diverse gaming communities & preferred to keep my official authority/responsibilities to a minimum…

That said, Minecraft really is absolutely amazing; you can design and build working machines within the virtual worlds you interact with… you can explore and adventure alone &/or with others as it suits you… you can make all sorts of art, architecture, & clever contraptions…

It provides a way to reach out, build relationships, make very real friends, build social skills, confidence - it provides a real chance for personal growth, an outlet for those who have no voice to be heard, & a place for those who may not even have known they needed to seek fellowship & community to find kindred spirits. That game and the communities it has created have literally saved many lives.

2 Likes