Essential Oils Setup

For those taking the Distilling Essential Oils class I’ve made an illustration of the setup that may be easier to parse than a photo. I don’t have the names for all of the materials, so if anyone would like to label it that would be appreciated. Also if I’ve missed anything let me know!

Edit: made the other support visible

6 Likes

The left hand side needs a support on the vapor tube(?), If that’s what the stuff is midway up the tube it’s hard to tell that it’s actually a support unlike the one holding the right side up

1 Like

Yeah, the picture I was referencing had the support kind of hidden from view. I’ll add it.

1 Like

It’s still worlds better than the pic I made after the class lol

To be fair, illustration is my job :joy:

Wonderful illustration and quick turnaround. I’ll get you the label names to fulfill my side of the effort. Thank you for doing this!

3 Likes

super cool, thank you! Well done! Truly good job

someone came up to me the other day and said you did a great job in the oil class, thank you!

Thanks for letting know man!

1 Like

Could I get a BOM (bill of materials) on that?

I know squat about chemistry but I have a fixed-income aunt I love who buys essential oils and probably pays too much.

I want to buy her a set of that glassware, heater, water pump, tubing, and I’m willing to spend extra to make it very nice.

Advice, please?

Bruce Mihura

2 Likes

Thats really nice but man the output of oil to input of time and biomatter is really bad. As overpriced as the oils can be they still may be the cheaper option. I’d give you a BOM but I don’t know the correct terms for everything sorry.