Equipment to reprogram 2011 Nissan Altima

Hello, Do we have the equipment to reprogram a car? Mine is having issues with P0101 light on while the MAF is within parameters. Before I take it to the dealer I thought I would check and see if this is something I could/should try to do myself at the space? Anyone interested in helping me? I would appreciate feedback. Thanks so much! - Lisa

Yes if the Autel is still in the tool box.

Have you or someone else done anything with your MAF or Air filter / filter housing recently?

Don’t go to the dealer - nothing good comes from going to the dealer.

2 Likes

Hi Tom,
Yes, I actually changed out the MAF (not OEM) and checked the filter. No success. Battery has also died a couple of times due to not enough regular driving (battery is good).
Local mechanic could not fix the problem either and said it likely needs reprogramming.
I have reached out to Sam but is this something that is also in your wheelhouse to help with?
Thanks so much, Lisa

Hi Lisa,
Sorry for not responding sooner, I’ve been overwhelmed as of late. Going off of the information that you have provided, there are a few options you can take. There is what’s called a TSB or Technical Service Bulletin on your car from Nissan. It’s similar to a safety recall but instead of dealing with the safety of your car such as air bags, seat belts or premature frame rust; it deals with the mechanical side of your vehicle. As such, they send a message or bulletin to their dealerships on how to properly fix the problem. The TSB that affects your car has to do with the actual sensor and surrounding intake parts being. Do you remember what brand sensor you got from rockauto? Both NTK and Hitachi are OEM parts suppliers for Nissan and will be able to be calibrated correctly versus generic branded ones. Like TLAR stated before, the AUTEL will be able to calibrate the sensor but if it’s not NTK or Hitachi it will be a bit more difficult to keep the calibration for Nissan’s original parameters. If you want, we can meet this Sunday from 5pm to 7pm and I can inspect it more thoroughly.

Lisa, a few questions if i may:

Where did you buy the MAF(maf brand if known)?

Some cars with automatic transmissions and drive by wire (software) require reprogramming to reset to basic settings especially after a battery replacement.

This can be done with our autel diagnostic tool.

Are you available Sunday after noon?

Good morning, I am just seeing this now. I have an hitachi replacement from last year which I kept sibce I was not entirely sure that it was bad. I did replace that one with, I think, another hitachi but need to check to confirm.

I could come out to the space this evening or sometime this upcoming weekend, if that works for you.

Thank you so much and just let me know when is best. - Lisa

1 Like

Tonight is not possible for me.
Another evening is or the weekend (Sundays are better)

I will be at the space today after 8, I’ll be in the automotive area.

Would that be 8 pm? (Or 8 am). I can be there tonight at 8 pm or earlier

Sorry, 8pm tonight

Ok, I will drive the car out there tonight. Thanks so much! See you later.

I should be there around no later than 8:30 PM

Ok, see you then! I expect to be there by about 8.

Any update on this?

The Autel might be too out of date for this action. I tried it but no luck.

1 Like