Equipment to donate/sell

My husband was diagnosed with Parkinson’s and can no longer keep his woodworking tools. I’d like to donate what would be useful to Makerspace (or sell very cheaply to individuals.)

The only issue is that I have arthritis and can’t move this stuff into a truck; someone’s got to come get it (we live in south Garland, less than a mile from 635.

Who should I contact or where should I post the list of things to donate or sell to Makerspace?

4 Likes

I can’t speak for the wood shop, but I know there are probably a lot of people at DMS would be interested in helping you dispose of the tools. We did this once before for a widow. I suspect a number of us would be willing to help you sort through the tools.

Thank you for considering us and your generosity. @SWA, Burt is the wood shop chair and would be the person to approve of accepting any donations.

3 Likes

I concur with Dan. We welcome donations that fit our needs. I expect a couple of our members would be happy to assist you in reviewing the tools. Let’s make sure you don’t donate something that might be of high value, or could quickly be turned into cash for your family.

9 Likes

Thank you so much!

I’m obviously out of my element – what’s the first thing I need to do? I do have a list of most of the things.

Mel, this is off topic but I wanted to say that my dad also has Parkinson’s, so my thoughts are with you and your husband. I wish the two of you the best, and thank you for your generosity to DMS.

1 Like

Thanks. It’s … sometimes very difficult to negotiate.

1 Like

I would be happy to help you. I’m book up until next week. I don’t know what your timeline it’s for removal of tools… if you would like to call me : 303-999-5645
best Regards,

HB smart II

1 Like

Thank you! I will give you a call sometime tomorrow (Thursday) afternoon. We don’t have an actual timeline for disposing of these tools; we’ve been talking about it for about a year now.

1 Like