Epilog Laser Training

Hi Everyone,

I’m new to the Makerspace.

I would love to be trained on the Epilog laser. Can anyone offer a class on this?

I do have experience with Epilog lasers, but I want to make sure I receive the proper training to use this one.

Is anyone else interested in this class?

Thanks,
Zach

I’m not sure if the on-line training covers the Epilog, or not.

On-line training is at Dallas Makerspace: Log in to the site , where you have to sign in with your username and account password to see the list.

@jsnowfreedman ?

Thanks for your reply.
I have taken the Laser 101 class. It was my understanding that this was just for the Thunder lasers.

1 Like

It doesn’t. Asking here is the right thing to do.

AFAIK, if you get trained on the Epilog Fusion then you also have permission to use the Epilog Zing. Someone on the committee can correct me if needed …

I’m interested in the training as well. I have access to an Epilog 24 elsewhere and have used it a half dozen times but would like to go through the training to be able to use the DMS one.

Hi is there a way I can get certified to use the Fusion Epilog. I have a laser project that I need the fusion for. Any help is much appreciated!

While the online class isn’t for the Epilog, I believe that it’s still required as a first step.
https://learn.dallasmakerspace.org/login/index.php
You’ll have to log in. Pass the class with 100%. Post again when that’s accomplished, and tag team_laser for further help with the Epilog training.

Hi Beth thank you for reaching out. Ive already done the Thunder training and have been using it for my project. I want to try the Fusion out for the project to see if it can engrave a bit better.

Ah. Then we should jump to @Team_Laser . They’ll have the answer.