Engrave name on organza bags

Hello everyone,

I would like to engrave or print name on organza bags, what is the best possible way to get it done??

Thoughts on my mind is to laser engrave! I would appreciate any better solution

Most of these I’ve seen as wispy thin. I suspect you’ll have a hard time marking these without cutting them.

Most I’ve seen are polyester of some sort, so dye sub? @CaryF300

I had planned on working with the lasers today. I’m not an expert on the laser currently with that said I still know some. I can help you as much as I can while I’m there.

I’m thinking you’d just melt the bags if you tried them on the laser. Having once ironed a hole in twinkle cloth (which looked much like today’s organza bags), they might not even stand up to dye-sub, as that requires some heat.

(I turned the iron on – pretty much normal heat setting, probably cotton or wool, set the iron to my twinkle cloth skirt, and “poof” – an iron-shaped hole in my skirt.)

Edit – you should test a “sacrifice” bag to see how much heat it will take. We’ve also got fusible vinyl, but that also requires some heat.

Seems like I need to rule out laser and sublimation???

Very likely. (and some characters)

If heat is an issue, that pretty much rules out Dye sublimation, Laser and heat transfer vinyl.

My thoughts would lean more towards embroidery or custom patches that were sewn on.
The patches could be made on the Viking embroidery machine as well.

Slap on a sticker. Maaaaybe screenprinting

But I need to make 21 of them! Which can take hours!!

All the same content, or is each different?

A stencil and spray paint or dye would be one option.

I dimly remember we have a pad printer somewhere. @mreynolds @AmeliaG @rlisbona any idea?

This is the first time you mentioned a quantity and I was just trying to give you a suggestion of how to get it done.
But if you don’t want to do it that way or it’s too much work for you, I’m sure others will come up with other suggestions that will fit for you.

I agree with that over anything. Pick the word you need size load it up and let the machine do its magic.

Idea 1
Cut several stencils from poster board on the laser.
Put a piece of paper in the bag so paint won’t go through.
At home:
Spray the back of the stencils with basting spray
Position and press onto bags
Use tulip fabric spray paint to put names on bags.

Idea 2
Go to Johnson’s plastics and get a sheet of laser safe rubber stamp material
Laser yourself a stamp
Stamp the bags

Idea 3:
Polyester organza would take dye sublimation ink just fine. You just need to be sure of the material, and have dye sub training

Idea 4
Make tag labels for the drawstring instead of printing on organza. Organza is see through and most printing will be hard to read.
Tags can be made from poster or natural looking heavy paper on the laser
You could stamp premade tags
You could dye sub fabric and apply to labels
Given enough time you could even make ceramic medallions to tie on as labels.

2 Likes

If embroidering the bags will take too long, I’m suspecting that ceramic medallions are Right Out… :slight_smile:

Good point!

Different names

Tag labels are interesting thought! Thank you for all the possibilities