End mill store ideas?

Hey guys, I’ve come to the realization that to complete my current project I could likely use a chamfer end mill to cut a dovetail on the edges of it on the bridgeport. It looks like it’d be a 120° bit and I don’t know that we have one lying around so I’m cool purchasing one for myself. Would there be an ideal place to purchase outside of amazon? Not getting large enough diameter results that way and I dont want to try and match two passes into on nice flat dovetail. TIA!

1 Like
2 Likes

There is a small cash only shop in Richardson that might have some of what you are looking for at a reasonable price.

It’s called CDC products. He is a local guy who carries a lot of different cutters among other things. Also Facebook marketplace has lots of people selling cutters. All depends on what you are looking for. If it’s something really specific order it online. Also note PATE swap meet is this weekend at Texas Motor speedway. There are always a few guys selling endmills and other cutters

3 Likes

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805449936147.html

1 Like

Do consider that with CDC, you never quite know if something is new, or resharpened, even when it is in the plastic dip.

1 Like

The classic industrial supply sites are McMaster-Carr and Mitsumi, both of which carry solid, standard tooling. They’re a little expensive, but they have fast shipping given that the bulk of their business is small, fast orders for large companies.

As for local distributors, MSC Industrial, Techni-Tool, and Groves Industrial all have local branches and carry the Good Stuff. Techni-Tool is who you want if you’re looking for something slightly odd.

This does beg the question about MakerSpace total cutter consumption. We might have a chance of setting up a direct supply chain through Sandvik or ISCAR.

1 Like

Thanks everyone for the ideas!! I’ll be checking the online ones out and hopefully find a good solution.

Just to clarify in case OP Googles, it’s Misumi - no “t.”

And Specialized’ main warehouse (with will call) is in Grapevine

No milling cutters, but neither does Techni-Tool