Emerson 6 blade fan assembly dilemma

I came across a disassembled Emerson 71666 fan and not sure how to reassemble it. Not much luck on google. Found some videos but not that helpful with a full assembly. I believe i have all the parts. Also thinking about restoring it by replacing the chords and polishing the brass (it might have already been painted but unsure). Good idea? or sell as is? The bottom plate is missing too. If your familiar with these fans, id appreciate any advice and or links.

Google shows the Antique Fan Collectors Association to have a little knowledge on that fan. From what I read, Tom Newcity is one of the knowledgeable guys if you have to work on the electronics.

The tab on Reference Material might also have something that helps but it looks like you have to join to see the details.

Also go to their forum where you will find some other people who have worked on this fan either mechanically or electrically.

FWIW, here’s the wiring diagram.

And here’s an extremely lengthy (1:38) video showing complete restoration of a similar fan. It’s not identical but it may have enough similarities to get you going.

2 Likes

Thank you for the diagram and links!! I think if i can attach the fan on correctly, i should be able wing it after that (in theory). Im nervous to find out if im missing some scews and bults. but wont know until i do. Hopefully the forums will have specs on those so i can just buy aftermarket ones. If such things excised.

In the machine shop we have nut and bolt sizers (on a wire “necklace” of sorts IIRC) so you can determine the size/pitch - usually hanging by the big lathes. Given the fan’s vintage, it’s likely the bolts are imperial (i.e., not metric) so if you can size what you’re missing you should be able to buy them fairly easily.

Elliotts in Plano has four aisles of fasteners that you can buy individually.

EDIT: The bolt/nut sizer might also be in or near the top tray of the large tool chest.

2 Likes