Electronics store near MakerSpace?

Found this website with some photos of the sidewalk sale when it was under the bridge across from West End. Figured some people who missed out or used to go might be interested in seeing the photos. https://www.mashbus.com/sidewalk.htm

2 Likes

Tannerā€™s leftovers are in the old 3D Printing Lab. There are 100s of tubs of Tannerā€™s in the room. Perhaps we should set up some stocking shelves, and put this stuff up for the use of the membership. An in house store benefitting the Electronics Committee is not beyond to question, just sayin.

2 Likes

We had been allocated the space between science and elab and were planning on having the bins located there (and were granted permission to do so) but then logistics reneged on the promise and put the personal storage bins there instead.

As of now weā€™ve inventoried about 30% of the bins and have a google spreadsheet with bin number, part quantity, category, and description but itā€™s stalled a bit since COVID and not really being feasible to inventory parts in close proximity and the task being a bit boring to do solo. Itā€™s on my list of things to do once Iā€™m able to come back up to DMS again.

4 Likes

Actually thereā€™s a rather frustrating history on this. Team Logistics didnā€™t renege on this - Though they werenā€™t exactly helpful either. A certain BoD member (rofl) put this on indefinite hold. Itā€™s all documented in Expansion minutes and BoD minutes. I should have got a crew together and just gotā€™r done. Just like certain people in the past have done. Lesson learned.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s how third hand DMS history goes lol. Iā€™ll just start pointing them at Art, itā€™s his fault it ainā€™t done.

2 Likes

And just think - you could have been part of that crew! :grin:

3 Likes

This article has a list of 15 surplus outfits that were in Dallas and features Jim Tanner. The only one I can think of not on the list was the old Collins Radio Outlet on Central.

1 Like

Hey - only peripherally related, but a friend of mine from college had posted about vending at a tailgate electronics event somewhere. I commented that yā€™all had been lamenting the demise of outlets of this type just this past week. He shared two events coming up:

• Main Trading Company in Paris is having second weekend tailgate in April and May.

• The Belton Hamfest is on for October.

3 Likes

Lolir

This just announced earlier todayā€¦https://www.sparkfun.com/news/3795

Sparkfun and Elektor Magazine have joined together for the April/March issue of the magazine. Get a free copy of this issue of Elektor Magazine with any Sparkfun order using the promo code: MAGAZINE21.

Rememberā€¦Tanners Electronics used to carry Sparkfun products and the Elektor magazine.

3 Likes