Electronics eLab Hours

I have requested an event for Tuesday, July 28th for a class to demonstrate basic electronics and provide assistance for members that need help with their projects.

Seems we have many enthusiastic members that start out on a new endeavor but are needing help with a sticking point on completing their project. We want to encourage DMS members to gain new skills in electronics.

The trial format will be:

30 minutes of basic electronics demonstrations - circuits, resistance, current, voltage
90 minutes of assistance with members projects - limited space

The goal is to eventually have this class on a weekly basis with committee members taking a shift in helping out their fellow DMS members. Please PM me if you have a topic you would be interested in presenting in this mini-class/lab format.

3 Likes

This is fantastic, thank you for doing this. I won’t be able to make that date as I will be on vacation, but I will keep an eye out for future sessions.

-Robert

Great idea! While no expert I do have some electronics experience so if you need an assistant let me know.

They have approved the eLab class/event.

We will start with basic circuits:

And Ohm’s Law:

After we will attempt to assist members with projects they are stuck on. If you have a non working flux-capacitor we may not be able to help but please bring your DeLorean for a test drive.

2 Likes

I don’t (currently) have an electrical project to debug, but I’m studying EE and would love to help out! Tentatively I should be able to make the lab.

Reminder, we are hosting a eLab Hours session this evening at 7pm. We will be discussing basic uses of Ohm’s Law for about 30 minutes, then after we will have assisted lab time for about 90 minutes.