Earphone cord replacement

Hello, I have a set of pretty decent earphones that I’ve had for quite a while. But the cord covering is coming off in places and could use replacement. The problem is that I barely have enough electronic knowhow to get this message typed. Anyone interested in walking me through the process? I could meet you at the space at your convenience and would gladly trade you a cool wooden thing for your time.

Thanks,
Ryan

What model are they? Depending on how it’s built this may or may not make sense to do.

they are basically these without the volume button thing. I think they were around the same price several years ago.

it’s exactly the problem this guy shows. By looking at them, there is no easy looking way to actually get into the earbuds themselves. I’m thinking a full re-wire is a no-go. But I might try this. I’d assume there is some better cord out there that I could splice them onto? Or would the apple / samsung buds give adequate power?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wx2yxkP6dQ4

That’s my experience. In ears are extremely hard to fix because the plastic is molded around the electronics. Over the ear headphones are easy because it’s two pieces of plastic attached around the electronics.

1 Like

Splicing is the best option in my opinion. They look like they’re not designed to be serviced but rather replaced when they fail. Any headphone wire will supply ample current for the job.

1 Like