Dynatorch Questions

@Team_Metal_Shop Couple of questions here that I can’t find answers for on our wiki or in talk:

1. What is the size of the bed that we bought? I remember that it’s the bigger one, but I can’t remember if it’s the 4x8 or 5x10

2. What torch is actually hooked up to the Dynatorch bed, and is that going to change soon? I have consumables for the old Hypertherm, but I have no clue if that’s what is still installed. I found committee minutes talking about changing it, but the tools wiki still shows that it’s hooked up.

Thanks!

4x8 foot bed (all usable)

It is mostly the same Hypertherm consumables as the old PlasmaCAM system (only the body is different for the ohmic sensor, but that usually doesn’t break often so you can just load a new nozzle/electrode/shield). We never swapped the torch since we got it and there are no plans to.

However, there are different consumables for the hand plasma, a Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster A120. However the hand plasma is not currently operational whilst we await electrical work.

1 Like

I know that in the past, there was discussion of swapping the Hypertherm for the Cutmaster.

Are those still underway, or have we settled on leaving the Hypertherm on the Dynatorch for the foreseeable future?

It’s the 4X8 ant the power supply is a hyperthem 85 amp

The cutmaster is going to be used in the welding bay as a hand torch

Any news on the electrician.

At least the board told us that we’re talking with a project manager and reviewing stuff.

I have no idea how much (further) things will be slowed down by our current cautious approach to spending $$.