Dynatorch 45A Fine Cut nozzles

Here’s the table, is this wrong?

That’s interesting. Their book shows differently.

Interesting, the Hypertherm manual doesn’t specify handheld vs machine cut. I’m wondering if industry has picked-up on something of value that wasn’t factored by Hypertherm.

By restricting air flow (Bernoulli says that half the holes at half the diameter will yield far less air flow), the plasma stream will carry less charge energy, but not change the dispersion of the nozzle.

Is there something about the fact that the Dynatorch can move more precisely, at a faster speed than a human, which Hypermax uses to differentiate between hand held and machine cut?

What’s your experience with the different swirls? Have they been tried?

I bring my own consumables. FWIW, I made a little 3D-printable tray which fits in an Altoids Arctic tin to hold the electrode and cup:

This is an easy for me to remember the specific part numbers and to keep the parts organized. I then use these numbers in the software to select the corresponding process for the material being cut.

1 Like

Sounds like we need to do more research. Not sure why the information is contradictory. Seems like we would need to go to the horses mouth. Jim Colt works for Hypertherm & seems to be a wealth of knowledge.

2 Likes

I need a 65A, do you want to trade a set?
If yes, when will you be in the Space?

Sounds good!

So I did some creative searching (googling) & found this post. I think we should do some test cutting

https://www.plasmaspider.com/viewtopic.php?t=17546

Here is a decent video with Jim Colt for General information.

3 Likes

Agreed, I plan to cut out some thin aluminum (18 ga) in a complex pattern, it should be a pretty good test of the 45A Fine Cut.

Thanks for the video.

What are the part numbers on these please??

They are on the wiki

Sorry for delay. Out of town with limited reception. I will be back this weekend.

We’ll trade this weekend. I’m there for SIG at 2pm Saturday.

1 Like

I apologize, we got back to town and had to call a plumber for a leak under foundation which took all day. When are you there again for trading?