DyeSub Training on Offer Soon?

We do go over all of this in the training, and show examples. It’s just hard to articulate it all on a message board.

No worries. If I can print the paper- I can make them at home - Thank you!

@AmeliaG is correct. The navy blue is a no-go. @some1likezou, What sizes do you need? I may be able to get them from my local supplier.

Perhaps are you thinking of making iron-on transfers with inkjet ink, and not dye sublimation?

I’m afraid Dye sublimation ink is not inkjet ink, and cannot be used on inkjet transfer paper, it could harm our printer.
Some inkjet paper transfers can go onto dark shirts though!
But dye sub cannot print onto dark without some very specialized products.

I found some white/light gray ones at target. Thank you! When I have more time and get signed off I will mess around with vinyl/sub hack for dark colors. Thank you so much.

1 Like

Fantastic! Do you want to do the light colored shirts tomorrow at 10am?

Yes, please!

Ok great! I’ll see you then!

oh! you mean like this?

We have a Cameo4 and it can do the print & cuss as well. It’s in the same room as the Sawgrass dye sub printer. We do have a lot of vinyl, and we would need to look up which ones take dyesub ink well.

I have done the print & cut with the cameo4 once before, so in theory it’ll work? It’s not a process I have down cold and can ‘just do’ like I can print on fabric. I don’t know how many shirts you need to do tomorrow, but it does look like a fun method we can try some other time!

One last thought, a shirt made with the htv method might have a shorter lifespan than a dye sub shirt, as the ink will be on vinyl on a shirt, and not acting as a dye in the fabric itself.

You can do it with any printable vinyl! I’ve been a cricut user for ages and done some peacemeal sublimation. But I’m excited to do more!

1 Like

I am here and preheating the press

Ok, see you soon! I’m almost there- thank you!

I wonder if it was adhesive residue from the stickers on that shirts. And if that residue then melted in the press.
Because a mark that dark would have been darker and shown up on the first shirt- which covered the whole press, not show up that dark on the 4th?

Just a FYI, they stock dye sub shirts in bulk (along with regular shirts, various types of vinyl, and lots of other bits) at the Aviva store just south of the DMS at the Sam Moon shopping center. It’s just north of 635 on Harry Hines.

2 Likes