Dye Sublimation 101 Classes coming up!

@Nick @Lampy update on the heat press?

1 Like

Here is information about our current 8-in-1 heat press:

We will be getting a different one soon. If I understand correctly, it will be the Stahls’ Hotronix MAXX 16x20 (https://www.hotronix.com/heat-press-maxx-clam). @Nick ~ can you confirm?

As far as what size material that you can sublimate, it depends not only on the heat press; bu t, also the design. Many people successfully sublimate items larger than the bed of the heat press by applying the dye sublimated sheets in sections.

[quote=“drawsprocket, post:40, topic:17834”]
Can this be done on aluminum?
[/quote]

It can be done on specially coated aluminum. I believe that @CaryF300 may have some advanced classes coming up in the near future. He may be waiting for the new press to come in, I’m not sure.

@uglyknees, I submitted what @Lampy asked for. Just waiting on the check.

I have pretty much dropped the ball. I don’t use anything on talk/hangouts etc. as a to do list. Too much flow by.[quote=“Nick, post:43, topic:17834”]
Just waiting on the check.
[/quote]

Just keep waiting brother! :crystal_ball:

We’ll get it processed tomorrow.

1 Like

@Nick ~ do I have the correct model, etc…??? Thx! :smiley:

AWESOME ~ Thanks! :smiley:

2 Likes

I believe so, still in bed 5am. It is the largest of the maxx line.

1 Like

Yes, aluminum has to have a special polymer coating. Dye sublimation does not work on raw aluminum. Coated aluminum comes with a white coating, or with a clear coating on brushed silver, brushed gold, or brushed bronze metal.

For really high-end work, I’d recommend the Chromaluxe panels, which come in several sizes and shapes, but can be pricey.

For a more reasonable price you can get brands like DynaSub and UltraSub from JDS Industries, Johnson Plastics, Conde, etc., in various sized sheets and cut it down to the size that you want. I usually buy 12" x 24" sheets and cut it with my metal shear, which DMS also has.

Currently the printer we have at DMS can print on paper as large as 8-1/2" x 14". While you CAN piece together a larger transfer from smaller prints, you run the risk of overlaps, which will be visible since the ink is translucent, or gaps, which tend to be highly visible.

2 Likes