Dye Sublimation 101 Classes coming up!

Thank you, I was dreading trying to find the post

1 Like

I just joined DMS and I would love to attend the class tonight at 11:45, but it is full. Would I be able to watch on, just to learn how to work the heat press - even if Iā€™m not making something. Is that a possibility? Thank you!!

1 Like

Welcome to the 'Space!

Sometimes we have no-shows. If you are at the Space and any slots open due to no-shows or last minute cancelations, you would be welcome to register at that time. Unfortunately, there is no way to know until the class begins.

2 Likes

Thanks so much for responding! Iā€™m hoping to be there by the time the class starts.

1 Like

FYI ~ If anyone was trying to get in on tomorrowā€™s class at 2 PM, there are two openings now.

https://calendar.dallasmakerspace.org/events/view/1932

I hope there are more in the future! I really want to learn this! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello! Completely new to this. I am just learning about Sublimation & would love to attend a class. Looks like I am a few days late. Will there be others in the future?

2 Likes

I need to find a poly shirt I like, most of mine are too dark

This class is kinda seldom so fills up fastā€¦can we start a waiting list for those of us who seem to keep missing out? I signed up for a class and showed upā€¦only to find the site misled me and told me I was in when in reality I was supposed to have gone to Eventbrite or something. So i showed up but missed out

[quote=ā€œUSprofessional, post:29, topic:17834, full:trueā€]
This class is kinda seldom so fills up fastā€¦can we start a waiting list for those of us who seem to keep missing out?[/quote]

Our calendar system does not currently support a waiting list. Maybe the instructor will post advance notice of the next class here?

I went back and looked. The most recent dye sub classes were Mar 10 and 11. Both required payment of $5 through the calendar system as part of registration, not through Eventbrite. You should not have been able to complete registering without paying. You may have those classes confused with something else.

Not confused ask Cary. One of the first classes mistakenly allowed us just to rsvp and this was incorrect. I was sent an email notification to my work email address and I rsvpā€™d to a posting that failed to mention Eventbrite. So I was turned away at class time. Oh well

Hey Lisa! Do you have any classes coming up? Would love to take dye sub asap :smiley:

2 Likes

At the last Creative Arts Committee Meeting we voted on getting a better heat press and 3D vacuum press. I believe we are getting the better heat press first, then look into purchasing the 3D vacuum press. Since there will be some differences in how to use the new flat press, I realized it would be better to wait until we have the new one so I can teach how to use the one that members will be using going forward. Since I believe the 3D press will be coming later, I will probably set up an advanced class for it at a slightly later date. Once we have the new equipment, I would like to have a couple classes per month - at least as long as there is demand for them. :slight_smile:

@uglyknees @missydee1206 @Nick ~ do we have an estimated delivery time on the new flat heat press yet? Am I understanding the plan regarding the 3D vacuum press?

Thanks!
:smiley:

1 Like

I wrote Nick and Ken to get the paperwork process started a week ago. Nick turned in the receipt. Nick has been basically held hostage at the hospital for the last week or so.
Iā€™m pushing Devin to seek board support on the 1k vaccume press. But itā€™s up to her - we have the funds but thatā€™s a big hit and would take 20 classes to crawl back from - which I realize would happen but it would be a length of time.

2 Likes

Thanks for the clarification! I hope Nick gets feeling better soon!

I understand there may be a delay until Nick feels better. Let me know when the new press is scheduled to be delivered, then I will begin scheduling more Dye Sub classes.

Thanks again! :smiley:

1 Like

New press! This is music to my ears!! I cannot wait!

1 Like

I would help teach. I couldnā€™t commit a lot of time, but I could do a class or 2.

2 Likes

Will this allow us to make custom t-shirts?

Iā€™d love to make one with a photoshopped picture and some of this writing.ā€¦

2 Likes

Yes. Pretty much anything that can be printed with an ink jet printer can be printed to sublimate on the appropriate material (primarily polyester or items specially coated for sublimation). There is no ā€œwhiteā€ ink and the colors are translucent, so sublimation works best on white or very light colored material.

3 Likes

Whatā€™s the largest size? Can this be done on aluminum?