Dust Collector Debris Management design

… is officially in “patent pending” status. If any home shop woodworking or other debris generating maker has either a positive pressure dust collector like this style:

OR, a cyclone based dust collector that connects directly to a large container (drum, barrel, etc.)

AND, would like to be free of some basic hassles associated with using same, let me know. I am looking for local DFW “test pilots” who would be willing to install and use the system in real world environments outside of my personal shop. Your cost would be my modest out of pocket expenses only. Installation assistance is possible, but also wanting to test the ease of assembly for future customers who would be buying a flat packed unit.

Offer will be time limited as well as limited in number of the low cost test units. Those who participate need to be active dust generators who will commit to testing and providing prompt feedback. Individuals only.

If you qualify and would be interested, send me a message.

3 Likes

For those wondering, here are hassles being addressed:

Three things relative to my invention when used for the “vortex” style collector:

1. Lower cost to operate by eliminating the relatively expensive thick collector bags that require emptying and reuse.
  2. Reduces dust exposure by avoiding the need to empty bags of debris.
  3. Takes that “love to hate” long metal band clamp out of the bag changing routine.

As for my invention when used for the “cyclone” style collector:

1. Container choice: Once in place, the users can switch to single use plastic bags that only have to be strong enough to contain the debris, OR, they can switch to a durable, reusable rigid container or a reinforced fabric bag (leaf bag style).

2. Uncomplicated bagging: There is no gadgetry that holds a bag in place (cage, hopper & grid, or a secondary connection that pulls a vacuum between a bag and a drum, etc.)

1 Like