Dumping out socket drawer = ban

If while reviewing security cam footage I can find who keeps dumping out the socket trays instead of putting them back in an organized fashion you will get a 1 month ban from the auto area.

6 Likes

For reference the drawer should look something like:

Metric on right, Sae on left, ratchets in middle

2 Likes

Not everyone reads talk. Perhaps label where things go in the drawer?

3 Likes

The drawers are already labeled that they take sockets. And the red socket trays are labeled with which size goes in each slot. Seems pretty logical that if the sets of sockets are provided with storage trays they should be used.

2 Likes

Drawer dividers, perhaps?

They could easily be cut out on the laser & rastered with the designation.

That would be really nice, it was kinda like that when we finished up the transmission on Friday around 4PM. Not as bad and I did what I could to clean it up again so it happened again after that. It has happened several times lately.

2 Likes

This is an ongoing issue. Not sure if it’s one person just dumping everything out or a series of people who don’t put stuff back until it looks awful.

Fixed.

22 Likes

Awesome! I award you 20 DMS points

4 Likes

I’ll take 'em. :wink:

1 Like

You are just in time. I had adorable pastel ones (pink and lavender) that I was going to use. :frowning:

2 Likes

good work
But “Imperial”?!?
I’ve never known a mechanic who didn’t call those “SAE”. And I used to work with some folks who were INTO their British…rust metal.

1 Like

SAE would have worked, although, technically SAE uses metric for modern day call outs. In the end, imperial lined up better. :joy:

1 Like

I’ve heard the term “English” more often than “Imperial”. Although UK is now metric. “Inch” is also pretty descriptive, “Fractional”, I’d say “non-Metric” but sure as heck someone would put Whitworth in there.

Imperial all the way. Wouldn’t want to piss off Vader…

1 Like

To be fair, we usually used " 'mercun" and “metric”. If we were shooting for high-brow it was “SAE” and “Metric”. But never “Imperial”. Whitworths were " British Standard", or “Whitworth”, but more usually unrepeatable phrases cursing their oddity. Then there’s the righty-tighty standard and the negative earth standard the Brits felt like ignoring sporadically.
At least their electrics were reliable…

2 Likes

FYI it was a disaster when I came in tonight. I took a picture, then fixed it.

4 Likes

That’s so frustrating it can get that messy that fast! Thank you for getting it reorganized

5 Likes