Dual Extrusion Printer at DMS

I think it would be a great addition to 3d-fab room to have a dual extrusion machine. It allows you do do things not possible on normal printers. Has the committee ever considered this or brought it up?

1 Like

We had multiple of the FlashForge Creator Pro’s at UT Austin while I was there. They have dual extrusion capability and I always had good prints on them. Build volume isn’t huge (~9"x6"x6"). MSRP is only $900.

Flash forge is always dumping their warranty returns on eBay at half price or less.

Usually there is something very minor broken that can easily be repaired by the expertise that we have at the DMS. You can read the comments and see the vast majority are very happy with their used printers. Basically they don’t bother to try and fix any return. They just resell it on eBay. So some work totally fine with nothing wrong. And there is a limited return period so none have been used long.

I can send out more info if wanted. I think they go for $250 or so

The printers at TheLab are dual-extruder. Experience has shown that designing for them is so difficult that few do it.

2 Likes