DTH22 digital verification With a logical analyer

I am looking to have a better understanding of digital signals.
I am going through some of my digital sensor modules and i am getting them to post to Arduino nano then to computer. I think my process has something to be desired. I am trying to find a quick way to decode a digital wave form into a digital number. I am getting that the device is a nonstandard protocol but i don’t normally verify a lot of digital components. Right now the DTH22 is being controlled by the nano, but i would like to make some custom waveforms with analog discover2 to control DTH22 and to read to the DTH22. As well i would like to feed in false data to the nano and receive false data from the nano.

Note this required a 10k ohm (pull up resistor) between signal and VCC(5v)

|17:03:22.834 → Humidity: 68.70 %|Temperature: 23.70 *C|
|17:03:24.860 → Humidity: 68.40 %|Temperature: 23.70 *C|
|17:03:26.886 → Humidity: 68.70 %|Temperature: 23.70 *C|<This seems to have been the reading
My guess is to to by hand translate the digital signal into a binary number then to recompile the given code in a C+ program to get the same output.

I note there is a can protocol decoder. A CAN protocol decoder | Dr. Ken Tindell
maybe a different logical analyzer?
Tigard??

side not these are some supporting documents… for the grove sensor… dth22…

I’m having a lot of trouble decoding what you are looking for. There’s not a lot of controlling of a DHT22, it looks like you ping it by cycling the bus and then listen for data.

And I don’t understand at all what you mean by “false data” Do you want to have the nano simulate the DHT22 and be able to originate a data stream you control?

This might be a conversation better had face to face. You might consider office hours

https://calendar.dallasmakerspace.org/events/view/19514

or drop me a note and I’ll let you know when I plan to be around next.

The signal on screen is coming from the dth22 and then going into the nano. The initial program converts the sensor data and posts it to the serial port with a value i can understand. There is the time to receive, the data process , and the time to post the data to the serial port. This makes a total amount of time i am not exact on thus i can not take into account. I believe the 40 bit information is translated into one of those 3 serial port readings but it could be later. I am looking at “pulseview” from sigrok as a future program to do logical analyzer decoding or embedded signal decoding (PulseView - sigrok) . I am using the Analog Discover 2 from Digitlent as a logic analyzer for this odd encoding. So i am using waveform program from diligent. (WaveForms Software FREE Download - Digilent) The DTH22 is a a connector board to the AM2302 to Arduino/ or seed boards. I am having a difficult time getting down to makerspace prime in Carrolton. Perhaps on the week end?
I guess i can use the extra pins to communicate receiving of the data and computation of the data. I believe when it is computing the data it would ignore any other data coming in from the bus. So i am not quite sure if all the information is accepted and computed from the sensor.

This is where i think i need to go. I am making a little head way. so thank you for helping.