Drink Pouch Making

I have a friend who is needing someone to print the logo I designed for her onto her drink pouches. I would love to learn how to do this myself, but she needs them asap. Would anyone be able to help her out? I’ve attached a pic of what the pouches kind of look like.

1 Like

Are they dye sub or just vinyl?

Could do permanent sign vinyl pretty quickly and easily…or maybe water slide decals. Are they single use only? Has she bought the pouches already and how many?

HTV or dye sub would require they go under the heat press.

1 Like

Or silk-screened? Might be the most efficient if lots are being made.

Dyesub would require them being heat safe and might require surface prep.

Vinyl would require lots of weeding if done in volume, especially if the design was intricate.

1 Like

Vinyl is not hard to weed. And with the Titan, you could do a whole bunch. The Silhouette is easy to use as well.

1 Like

Mmmmm…weeding vinyl…it’s like meditation & therapy had a love child! :upside_down_face: Although I know it causes some ppl to NEED therapy. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

2 Likes

I’d say no to dye sub. Most flexible plastic can’t handle the 400°F needed for the image transfer, and the result wouldn’t be opaque. Dye sub ink is translucent.

1 Like

You can get cheap stickers of all kinds from stickermule.com

1 Like

I don’t think vinyl would stick very well to these. Probably want to either look at screen printing with a solvent ink or find someone with a flatbed uv printer like a LogoJet.

1 Like

Wouldnt the heat hurt the pouch when you heat set it?

1 Like

Agreed, not hard to weed, but tedious if the OP intends to make lots. Vinyl is probably the easiest option until the effort of weeding exceeds the effort of making a silkscreen.
Fwiw, the vinyl cutter could be used to make the silkscreen, too.

1 Like