Drill-press Chuck Key Missing

The key to change the drillpress bit seems to have gone missing. We’ve looked all over the wood shop! Whoever used the Forsster bit, please return the chuck key!

Thank you!

I used the Ryobi Forster bit last Thursday and then put the key on the magnet. I remember because it took me a second to figure it out. Maybe I did not attach it to the magnet correctly. I will buy another one or pay someone for it. Just tell me what I need to buy or how much @IanLee

1 Like

Lowe’s has a couple I will go buy some and see if it fits till we can get a replacement

1 Like

We found a spare! but it may be the last one!

I just got here. Glad you found one. Do you know where you put my Ryobi forstner bit I cannot find it in the drawers?

I was with another person helping me set it up. If I had to guess, it would be in the drawers, or because we set up the mortising bit, it could be in that case

Oh well I guess it got lost.

No I left the space and realized it was in my pocket by mistake, I was helping someone out with a hole saw while I was packing up and heading home and just absent mindedly stuck it in my pocket, sorry to anyone inconvenienced, I’ll bring it back up there

1 Like

Cool no reason to do it tonight Just let me know where you put it and I will get it later.

I’ve returned the drill bit key to it proper place sorry about accidentally taking it

1 Like

Anyone know what size key this is? I should probably order a spare for when it takes vacations in the future

1 Like

When I replaced it there was another stuck to the magnet so we have 2 on there now

1 Like

FWIW, CDC in Richardson has lots and lots of drill press chuck keys. Going price is between $3 and $6. It helps to know what you’re looking for however …

1 Like

Just google powermatic chuck key and all the info should pop up

Or just get one of these that already has the magnet on it

Keep in mind that all Jacobs chucks keys are not the same. I bought a 4 way for Machine Shop similar to that, It did not fit. I looked up the chuck spec & ordered the right key.

1 Like

Yea I personally don’t think we need a 3rd one but it’s always nice to have more of things

“it’s always nice to have more of things” is the motto of the Department of Redundancy Department. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m all for redundant redundancies, but there’s a big list of things the machines need that goes ahead of this on the should purchase list