Don't worry, got it

This is pretty rude to all the other people wanting to use the woodshop yall

7 Likes

Is no one there with it? Then it is abandoned. Dumpster is in the back. thatā€™s how theyā€™ll learn.

1 Like

Or is it that youā€™re commenting on the fact they rolled the lathe right over to the project table and letting all the chips fly on the table??

1 Like

The individual who was the culprit was using a router at that table and all of the chips are from that. The general mess and not putting up the clamps all belong to the same person. I have reached out to someone who was working in the same general time frame and may know who it is. Hopefully that person can provide a little eyeball-to-eyeball counseling. The lathe has been sitting there for a long time apparently waiting for repairs.

1 Like

Adding another point, the plywood frame looking thing leaning up against the table has been there for a number days and is ready to be confiscated or trashed.

3 Likes

Please either off-site it or trash it. We donā€™t want someoneā€™s wood being used by other members as that could cause a lot of issues. When I was vice chair of logistics and in charge of project storage and off-siting, once it hit the dumpster it was up for grabbing by volunteers - but with the understanding we didnā€™t want to see that wood back at DMS. We didnā€™t want any words flying, or worse, if someone saw their project parts being used.

1 Like
  1. Not just wood. Any project materials that have been offsited or generally dealt with by other people.

2. This policy of ā€˜anything from offiste canā€™t come back to the spaceā€™ accomplished two things. First your example of ā€˜thatā€™s my XYZ that youā€™re usingā€™, secondly it closed the loophole of getting your ā€œfriendā€™s project back from the storage/dumpsterā€.

1 Like

I just cleaned up the chips and clamps, Iā€™m not OK with messing with someoneā€™s project personally

4 Likes

Not knocking off siting and dumpstering before anyone misconstrues my meaning. I just donā€™t feel like I have that kind of authority or what have you

1 Like

Thank you @Nate for setting a good example.

2 Likes

Nateā€™s a great guyā€¦ Have to follow on with thisā€¦ the shop looked like gremlins hit it when I came in this morning. Seriously, many workstations not even marginally swept up.

3 Likes

So issue has been discussed and hopefully rectifying going forward with the individual, their intent to maintain the space they use and apologetic demeanor was genuine and I trust their word. But on topic but off topic, can we all use less passive aggressive vauge thread titles instead opting for direct transparent ones. Not really an issue just fine got it is a thread Iā€™d skip over vs, whoever did this needs a refresher on cleaning up their stuff is one Iā€™d always click on

1 Like

Thanks for taking care of this.
Titles ā€¦ Makers gonna be creative! Nature of DMS.
Did have Woodshop tagged, so thereā€™s that.

Thanks Nate. Just a general comment, not directed at anyone: Cameras should reveal who it is. A timeout from using wood shop should help them remember to clean up.

Has been addressed eyeball to eyeball. Time out isnā€™t a bad idea if the personal coaching isnā€™t effective, but hopefully just another maker getting better.

1 Like

Bert, Your reasoned and fair approach strikes again! Thanks for the update.