Donner - Status Inquiry 4/2023

Could you please tell me what is the current status of Donner?

Thank you.

Can you please tell me the current status of Donner/
Thank you

Donner has an issue with the water chiller. The alarm keeps going off on power up. Water levels are proper and there is water flow as there should be. It sounds like the water chiller turns on but the alarm insists a water flow issue.

I’m pretty sure there’s a problem with the pump. Either the line is blocked or the pump has failed. Either way I’ll need to make an attempt at it tonight. It may need to just be replaced wholesale though. I think we have a spare still in the back.

Chris

2 Likes

I would first check the 24V supply and be sure it is actually 24V. I believe the pump is actually moving water, you can tell by lightly squeezing the tube and feel it expand when it is turned on though it may still be a failed pump. It could also be the hall effect water flow sensor either blocked or impeded. Apparently, it can be opened up and cleaned. It is an amazingly simple circuit. In case you don’t have it, here is the schematic.

2 Likes

Chris and I actually swapped out the chillers last night. I was planning on cracking the bad one open sometime soon and seeing if it just needs a good cleaning or what.

After replacing the chiller, Donner seems to be working pretty okay.
We did an alignment and some tests, seemed to be working pretty good - that being said, the chiller took more time to swap them expected, so we didn’t do a full on maintenance of the laser or other lasers.

3 Likes

Thank you (and Chris) for working on this.

I see in the camera that Donner still has a purple cone on top. Is it still out of service?

Hi John,
Can you tell me how you viewed the camera to see the purple cone on Donner?

Thank you,
Sandi Newton

https://dallasmakerspace.org/cam/

1 Like

I think we just left it on accident…
We took off the papers but I think the cone was set in the back.

As there hasn’t been a new forum post about more problems, I think the cone can be removed.

1 Like