Donner not cutting

Donner is flaming on wood and lots of smoke. Etches are very faint.

Can you please share what settings you are using for trying to cut?
I assume you focused to the etch level?

50/70 on cut 2 passes 500/10 etch. Tried reducing the power on cutting and it was not cutting 3mm birch i think we tried 50/50 2 passes was not cutting through.

Found the lense in Donner isn’t tight in the tube.
Not sure if the lense was smoked before the class, but it’s definitely smoked now. Retainer ring was backed off at least 2mm and the lense just rattled around in the tube.

I’ve been trying to clean it and I’ve made a little progress but I think it needs to be replaced.

I’ll see if I can improvise a lense ring tool and use one of the lenses I found in supplies

1 Like

Please don’t. Just mark that as down -sigh-.

I’ll be in later tonight and take a look, this is the third lens we’ve gone through in 2 weeks, and I need to figure out who is doing it wrong.

You can use Blitzen for now…absolutely no maintenance is to be done on that one though, so if the lens gets dirty on there as well, then they are both down. Please:

• tape a piece of paper onto the lid of blitzen, and everybody who uses it must sign in and out of it.
  • the max speed on the machine (via the front button for manual control) should NOT be set above 200.
  • NO maintenance may be done on blitzen
1 Like

I’ll leave Donner down so you can take a look.