Donating N95 Masks to local hospitals

Please enlighten us where that was posted?

Edit:
I sure hope we donated these, just got a personal call from the head of supply chain for UT Southwestern personally thanking DMS for being willing to donate the pallet of masks and how this is among their number one concerns for health staff. I informed them that we had already donated as @yashsedai stated. But, if that is incorrect, they would be willing to send a truck for pick up as these are very much needed in our local hospitals.

1 Like

I’m confused why you think it would have ever been in your purview to solicit places for these masks to go. If I recall you have done similar things in the past. If I recall correctly this is why rules had to be made to prevent this. Specifically members are not allowed to contact public officials without permission…

1 Like

The other day I paid a visit to the City of Carrollton’s Fire Station #5 which is located two blocks away from the Dallas Makerspace. I talked to Captain Scott Farler, his crew is very familiar with the Dallas Makerspace as they were at our facility yesterday to install a new building key in their Knox Box. The Knox Box is a small locked enclosure located outside the door by 3D Fab and the Electronics Lab. During any emergency, this guarantees that their crews have immediate access to our facility.

We discussed the best way to distribute our N95 Masks to the proper authorities and where the most good to the community could be served. Scott Farler put me in contact with the City of Carrollton’s Head Emergency Coordinator, Ricky Vaughan, which stated that the Fire Department is the City’s first line of defense in these trying times. The entire area is in immediate need for these N95 Masks, shortages are everywhere. He also stated that the Fire Department will graciously accept our donation, they have the means to make sure the supply is moved wherever the greatest need exists.

I approached the Board of Directors about the donation of at least 5,000 of the N95 masks, and they approved it.

I would like to thank everyone who either participated or read this Talk thread and offered some great suggestions. This is what makes Talk a very powerful asset to DMS; the sharing of problems, the sharing of ideas, the sharing of solutions, and results that matter.

40 Likes

That is a great option @richmeyer. Thanks for updating us, so glad that we are still supporting our community even though DMS is closed!

2 Likes

This is so awesome and makes me so proud of DMS. Thank you to everyone who thought up ideas, reached out to contacts, and made this happen. <3

This is an awesome solution, now the masks won’t potentially get stuck in a stockpile at one place, they can get split out as needed!

Rich Meyers donated a pallet full of N-95 masks to the Space.

These masks are viable as Corona PPE.

Rather than leave these masks locked inside the Space, as the panic rages outside, I think it would be a good idea to donate this stockpile to the public good. Maybe call Parkland or Methodist, tell them we have this, and ask them if they want to come by and get them.

2 Likes

https://talk.dallasmakerspace.org/t/donating-n95-masks-to-local-hospitals/70039/23

Done and done. Well, read Rich’s thread. I think they went to the Fire Department to distribute, but I may have skimmed his message.

2 Likes

This has been covered in other threads. Please read the forums before making new posts. Or at least pay attention to the “this post is similar to XYZ” when typing it up

1 Like

“or at least pay attention” to an AI trying to be informative?

Yeah, I’ve been hitting “OK” on my brokerage’s warnings “there is market volatility, you aren’t qualified to make decisions for yourself”.

There is no such thing as too much information.

Thanks for your input!

2 Likes

A total of 5,800 of the N95 Masks were delivered to the City of Carrollton Fire Department today. These officials will make certain that these masks will be distributed on an as needed basis throughout the Metroplex.

Everybody at the Dallas Makerspace should feel so proud. Our shared community workshop just got a little bigger today.

32 Likes

Can we make this post public

Specifically Rich’s post
@Team_Moderators

3 Likes

Thanks, @richmeyer for making this happen… again.

3 Likes

I’ve asked JJ to make a Facebook post out of it.

8 Likes

Nor am I.

6 Likes

Looks legit!!

Thank you, @richmeyer! We’re blessed to have you and your generosity in our community.

4 Likes

I made this one: https://www.facebook.com/100002463240474/posts/2904960449596035/?d=n

6 Likes

@richmeyer thank you for overseeing this effort. I have added to our Facebook page: https://m.facebook.com/?_rdr#!/story.php?story_fbid=2720287658020759&id=126231180759766

7 Likes