Donate Two Speed Band Saw for Plastics Cutting

When working on plastics, there is concern about cross contamination of various materials. I have a two speed band saw, see photo, I’d be willing to donate to the space for dedicated use on plastics. It could have the proper blades for cutting plastics, would have a table free of abrasive metals that would scratch plastics, would stay sharp since it wouldn’t be cutting metal. Saw also has a tilt feature for cutting angles. It is lighter duty than the other band saws but then again plastics wouldn’t require a heavy duty saw. Since the Vacu-former will be walking the earth on a regular basis and other plastic based projects need to be cut it would be available. I bring this up now because if we are arranging the area this could be planned into it. The base of the stand is approximately 36" x 36" that is designed to take casters, so it could be stowed and rolled out. It’s 120V so extension cords could be used not requiring hard wiring. The saw is in good shape and will take up to a 1/2" sanding belt.

Not sure who to contact or what committee or who to contact. But it seems timely to offer now and if wanted would be on display for Open House.

4 Likes