Does the metal shop have a bead roller? (Solved)

Does DMS have a bead roller anywhere? I see the English wheel has some Beading dies, but that’s not quite the same. I could have sworn Max mentioned one at the last committee meeting.

If the answer is no, I have a new, unused vice mounted bead roller and dies I could donate to DMS if that would be helpful.

Yes. It’s on the floor outside of the machine shop walls on a wooden pallet. It’s under the Cintas medical cabinet. It’s a vice mounted one. You can use the big vice on the blue machine shop table. We are still working on building a stand for it

1 Like

I might buy the one you have if you want to part with it. What brand is it? And what is the throat depth?

1 Like

It’s a summit racing brand, but the same vice mounted unit everyone resells. 36 in throat depth and something like 7 pairs of dies.

1 Like

@Mrholthaus I’ve been all over the metal, wood and machine shops and no sign of the bead roller. I have an idea of what I’m looking for, but it’s totally possible I overlooked it.

I think this was the specific area you were referring to, and obviously no roller.

This isn’t a priority for me or anything, and I’m not asking you to hunt it down. Just wanted to pass along that I couldn’t locate it.

Thats metal shop.

Machine shop is over by Blacksmithing on the other side of the building.

1 Like

In the machine shop. There is a Bridgeport mill. Behind the mill is a plexiglass wall. Behind that on a post is a cintas bandage cabinet. Below the medical cabinet on the floor is a pallet. It’s laying on that pallet. So just outside of machine shop on that location you will find it

1 Like

AH HA! Thank you! Apologies for my poor reading comprehension :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

That pic you took is outside the metal shop. The machine shop is on the other side of the building

There is a beefy vice in the machine shop you can put it in

2 Likes