Do you use the Pfaffenbeast or the Rex?

So, looking at the training sheet, (yes, there is one,) I see a lot of folks using these machines and only a handful of names on the list. I’ve seen a lot of broken needles, too. Luckily for the machines, the odds are you’re gonna break a needle before you break these machines, however, broken needles can be dangerous to you and damaging to the machines.

We need to be sure that the right needles are being used on these machines and the needle you’re using is not only compatible with the thread, but also with the weight and type of leather being sewn. We only have one type of needle on hand at DMS marked leather and they are fairly light ones.

Please holler at me if you are using these machines so I can get the trained users list updated and information on how these machines are being used so we know if we need to expand our selection of needles and threads for them.

FYI, the Leather SIG mtg is caught in a calendar glitch (probably my fault, lol) and isn’t showing, but there is one the THIRD SUNDAY of each month at 3PM usually either in CA or the Purple classroom depending on space availability.

1 Like

Last call…please let us know if you are currently using these machines.

I noticed the locks have not been put back on the machines. So anyone can use them that thinks they can.

Hmmm…lock was on the Pfaff last weekend. Never saw one on the Rex. Will be rectifying that.