Do we have polishing equipment?

Does DMS have metal polishing equipment? I have some shopping stuff that has dulled pretty significantly and is like it to be shiny again, I just don’t remember seeing anything I can use.

Vector & I myself have some mothers metal polishing cream

There is a buffing wheel on the grinder pedestal but it may be to used up. You can check the compartment underneath if there is another wheel on hand. Often there is some buffing compound there as well.

Most of the stuff in Metal is for rougher work. Vector is likely your best bet

1 Like

NO STEEL in JSM. No plastics on our buffs or aluminum in JSM either. The buffs are also specific to metals and compounds used on them so they are not contaminated. The entire set would need to be replaced.

1 Like

Good to know. I’m never over there and don’t know who usually is.

1 Like

Haha the drawers are stuffed with reminders. Aluminum could sneak in on something like the shear if it’s less than 16ga. They could put white diamond on a metal shop buff but you’d need to know what lump it is

Looks like I’ll be looking for the wheels in the metal shop then. I’m not looking for a mirror shine on anything, just to knock the dingy look off it.

Will it fit in the blast cabinet?

It will, its probably 6" long and 5" in diameter,

Might try that

The one in metal shop is safe on a chromed finish?

I didn’t see where you said chrome…its a blaster so I doubt it

I should probably be a little specific when im asking for help. lol. I have some aluminum that i wanted to shine up, I also have some car parts that i want to make less dull and boring, some of which are chromed and some that are bare cast aluminum. .

VECTOR just received a donated upright buffer last week. We still do not have the buffing wheels or compound but we plan to be setup to do nickel plated steel and chrome plated steel. Basically the two types of metal finishes that we commonly need to polish on restoration projects. We also need to build a safety shield to protect the operator from having parts thrown at them and we need to figure out where it is going to live within our area. Once we have everything setup we will develop a training class for using it.

1 Like

Ooh…
I’m looking forward to that being usable.

I have everything needed to make aluminum shine like a mirror or stainless steel pole