Do we have an Inkjet printer?

Is the dye sublimation printer an inkjet printer? I have some inkjet transfer paper that is for dark colored fabric to heat press.

It is, but that printer is specifically set up for dye sublimation printing ( both the inks & software ) and would not work for a regular inkjet print transfer.

1 Like

@JadedBliss,
@Hardsuit is correct. You would get color shifting and other issues trying to use it that would result in a sub-par product.

I don’t know if the inkjet that @Team_Jewelry used for a project belonged to the Space, or if it belonged to a member. It was actually a @Team_Ceramics project – I think that they printed some transfers for pottery?

Maybe I’m thinking of the silk-screening they did with underglazes…

To my knowledge, jewelry does not have an inkjet printer. But surely there is one somewhere around the space?

We ditched them when we got the Samsung Copier. For a while there was one in the bookkeeping office, but we also ditched the onsite bookkeeper.

Would the retro computing folks have one?

There’s no longer a Retro Computing Area. The group that visits periodically might, but they don’t have stuff at the Space.

Didn’t Julie say she had one ceramics could use?
I asked about using one months ago (months and months ago, a year ago?) if there is a way to search our conversation on Talk from back then…

I loaned a printer to ceramics for a while but it’s for printing decals. It’s currently in my storage unit.

Thank you for following up so quickly :slight_smile:
I would be interested in using yours if it’s still avail or finding out what it requires for use and do an experimental decal class. Or happy to participate if someone else wants to lead a class or meet-up to learn and practice with it.

It would be a couple months before I could even think about using it- if it is avail to borrow and use.