Do we have an Impact Screwdriver?

I’m going to need to use an impact screwdriver to remove some screws which secure the rotors on a Honda Odyessy. It’s a gizmo that you hit with a hammer to unscrew rusted screws. Does DMS have one of these?

Phil

It would look something like this…

We have the Ryobi hand held impacts that can take various bits. I would think they would work well.

Yes. We have (or have had) an impact driver of that type in recent history. I have no idea where.
For what this is worth, those little locator screws aren’t vital, and will pop right off with the slightest provacation (say, one of those things David mentions above) if necessary…

For better results you can use an air impact with an adapter and the appropriate phillips bit and your proper eye protection and you’re good to go.

In the event you strip one of the screws - do not panic - just drill through the head of the screw (shank diameter not the head diameter) and remove the rotor, then the stud will usually be “finger tight”.

2 Likes

Thank you. This is my first Honda and I’ve not run across these screws before, although I now understand that they are somewhat common.

Phil

1 Like