Do we have a press?

Does DMS have a press of any kind? Either traditional or a pin press? I will probably need to brush up on my printmaking skills this summer

There was a plate press in CA. Not sure if it’s fully functional as they talked about needing a part for it.

There’s a small desktop (9"x5" I believe) press at the space. I’m not sure how much type we have for it. It’s not operational at the moment, we’re working on a way to use photoemulsion plates with it instead of lead type (similar to http://excelsiorpress.org/reference/Excelsior_Chase_Base/index.html).

@Print_Witch will have a better idea of what we have. As far as I know it’s good for business cards or postcards with sparse text.

The etching press bed is 12" x 24", and we also have a 18" ( I think) wide pin press. We also have the letterpress and screen presses.

2 Likes

To clarify:

**Etching press
Bed size of 12" x 24"
(printable image size approx. 10" x 18")

**Screen presses:
One 6 screen x 2 platen w/micro adjustments for registration

One 4 screen x 1 platen

One 1screen x 1 platen

**Letterpress
One benchtop Kelsey 5" x 8"

One Kluge floor model 8" x 14" w/ auto paper feeding (donation to arrive in early summer)

**Pin press
18" handheld model

3 Likes

Thanks! Etching press is all I’ll have at campus so it’s what I need to practice on anyway :slight_smile: Small is fine since it’s more for my own refreshment rather than anything worthy of a contest!