Do we have a copy of RealFlight?

Hey all guys and gals interested, please attend one of the 2 Aerospace/RC Committee meetings I have scheduled (Oct. 7 or Oct. 14) to discuss getting a copy of RealFlight.

1 Like

Hey guys! So happy to see interest in the gear! I dont have realflight but I do have a copy of Phoenix RC (similar program). I have the R/C adapter and program at home. Ill be more than happy to drop it off in the R/C area. Just plug in the USB adapter into R/C remote and go through the transmitter wizard in the tutorial section.

2 Likes

@Romeo_Espana that would be awesome! Since the computer in the aerospace area belongs to @MichaelPursifull, Iā€™ll get in touch with him and make sure heā€™s cool with us installing software on it.

1 Like

Even better!

Thanks @Romeo_Espana ~ You Rock! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sorry all, Iā€™ve been in hospital for over a week. I havenā€™t been online.
Iā€™m ok with us loading (another) flight sim if that is what you want.
Iā€™d be thrilled with the gear getting any use.

I have one request, however, and this is because if the gear doesnā€™t get use, I will repurpose it as Aerial Imagery stitching/processing, and/or get it out of the DMS so something that people will use can go in itā€™s place. Because Iā€™ve had it there, Iā€™ve been stitching search and rescue imagery together on laptops, and itā€™s a shame since that gear has the horsepower to chew through the live mission data in 1/100th the time.

That request is: decide what software you want to run, and Iā€™ll drop ship a copy to someoneā€™s attention there at DMS. If I have to recover the hardware, I donā€™t want to ā€œtakeā€ someoneā€™s license or gear. Iā€™ll pay for it, if someone wants to take the lead on installing it, Iā€™ll give you the password for deep freeze, and I think I should include a USB drive for saved profiles/logs/etc that can persist across boot. Thoughts?

If someone volunteers, Iā€™ll send whichever software/hardware we want to DMS ATTN: your name right away. Iā€™ll need a part number or something to make sure I get the one we want (with cables/adaptors/controllers/etc)

Thoughts?

1 Like

@MichaelPursifullā€¦ Iā€™m sorry to hear that youā€™ve been in the hospitalā€¦ :frowning: I hope you are feeling better now!!

Thatā€™s a good point on the license. Thanks soooooo much for volunteering to donate a software package specifically for that PC!

@hasbridge, do you want to take lead on this?

Thanks to ALL Yā€™all helping to make the Aerospace / RC area a better (more functional and more fun) part of the 'Space! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

If @Romeo_Espana has a copy of Phoenix heā€™s willing to loan, I think that would be sufficient for now, rather than buying something. I have an extra transmitter I can donate to be used as a full-time controller for it. Iā€™m happy to take the lead, I can get everything set up on the PC once the software arrives.

2 Likes

Whatever works best for the three of yā€™all would be most awesome! Thanks again to all yā€™all! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

So I brought up my transmitter cable that I dug up from my box of R/C junk and got a free demo version of a flight SIM. ClearView RC.

It is up and working and will put a loaner tag on the USB cord until we get an actual RealFlight software package.

It currently only works with transmitters that have the phono style plug for the buddy box.

1 Like

Hey guys,
Just a quick update (I havenā€™t forgotten about you guys). I have two sets of R/C Transmitter adapters ready to go, one is a legit Phoenix R/C adapter (the $$$ adapter contains the license key that the program looks for) and one is a Chinese adapter that works (Phoenix, Aeroflight, and Real Flight all work via ā€œChineseā€ license keys). Both work, Iā€™m just having a hell of a time finding my Phoenix 3.0/4.0 R/C install CD. Rather than making you guys wait, does anyone have the Phoenix R/C CD or willing to grabbing a torrent of it?

I went ahead and bought a copy of Phoenix for the RC committee. It is installed on the rc computer, and works with mitchā€™s dx5 transmitter.

4 Likes

Dude, awesome. Thank you!

Awesome work man! Donā€™t be a fool like me, make an ISO image of that CD before it disappears (you donā€™t need the CD to use the program). Nothing worse than having a nice piece of hardware without the software to run it a few years down the line :slight_smile: !