DMS Playlist Swap!

I love the Awesome Mix music thread! On the flip side, I find playlists to be far easier to consume than YouTube since I can load it and go…and I love curating playlists for friends so I have a ton.

Drop your favorite playlists! From anywhere!

I made this one specific for the thread. It’s a little bit of everything from my Spotify likes. I hope everyone finds at least one song they enjoy!

6 Likes

I’ve given thought for the last hour how I would phrase this, say this without sounding preachy and I can only come up with this:
I really liked the idea of what you tried to do, but for me personally, i can’t put together a playlist.
What i listen to heavily depends on my mood and what has happened that particular day.

When I created the Awesome Music Mix thread, I really didn’t think it would last this long, but here we are almost 800 deep and a year (or more) later.

As it started to take off, I really wanted it to become (and it did) a way for people to post what their particular taste is and how there were feeling at the time, musically.
I do this because I have a hard time vocalizing my own feelings. Music is easier to accept, sometimes.
Good day? Post it.
Bad day? Post it.
Angry? Post it.
Missing a loved one? Post it.
Got a tidbit of music trivia? Post it.
Anything is accepted, unjudged and no explanation needed unless you want to.

But I digress.
My point is that, at least to me, it’s better to post what we’re in the mood for at the time then to try to create multiple playlist for different moods.

That being said, there has been a spattering of several other people posting, but seems to be only about four of us that post on a regular basis.
So please feel free, and I invite you to post any music you would like.

Afterthought: @jast please add this to the Awesome Music Mix thread, if you would be so kind.
Thanks!

3 Likes

I, too, want to thank you for the idea and effort, and hope others will jump in with playlists. I find, however, that I just don’t really do playlists. I have 1 on spotify (it’s the only play list I’ve ever made) and it rarely gets played despite the time I spend in the car (less in the last 2 years than prior WOOHOO SILVER LINING!). What I’ve posted in the other thread far exceeds what’s on my list (unless you want the WHOLE Linkin Park catalogue which, it turns out, has a lot of stuff that needs jettisoned!)j.
What I really miss is having a Kenwood Music Keg because I could play genres, alphabetical by artist, alphabetical by song title, or albums. I really like getting to play albums. It’s a whole experience in itself, with a whole artistry wrapped up in the format (8-track had a different style than LPs which were similar to but different than cassettes, etc.).
Wow. Way off topic.
Thank you. Sorry I can’t really contribute. I hope others will. :+1:

2 Likes

PS have loaded yours into my spotify. Will make an honest effort to get it played today. Thank you!

1 Like

Great playlist, lots of good stuff! Hadn’t heard of many of these before, will definately add to rotation. Usually just start with an artist I like on Pandora, like Morcheeba, Eurythmics/Annie Lennox so unfortunately don’t have an organized playlist.

1 Like

The Awesome Music thread is AWESOME!

I hope it goes on like KC Kasum for a couple of lifetimes!

3 Likes

I think it is fantastic as well! Maybe if I ever get the time I can make that thread into a youtube playlist.

Playlists are not for everyone but thanks for the support!

I like them when I want to find new music and can’t do a lot of clicking. i.e. the car. Sometimes I get tired of my stuff and want to find something new :slight_smile:

A little sad there was not much interest, but that’s ok :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Just finished watching this years Eurovision, here is a playlist spotify posted if you are interested.
Worth it for the Norwegian entry if nothing else, lol

3 Likes