DMS is Selling Phones

Did the new phones at DMS catch your eye? Want one (or more) of your own?
DMS is selling our excess Siemens OpenStage 40 SIP phones for $20 each. This is an absolute STEAL; these same phones are $75+ on eBay, and over $250 new.

These phones have all been factory reset and easily connect to Asterisk. To provision them, you only have to go to their embedded WebUI and enter the SIP settings once (I’m happy to assist with this whether you buy from me or not).

Please contact me directly via email at [email protected] to purchase or if you have any questions.

Also, please note that purchasing these phones from DMS is NOT a tax-deductible donation (same story with membership dues), as you are receiving goods/services in exchange for money.

3 Likes

I have a friend that might be interested I let her know.

I sent an email in, I have a customer that will need 6 phones.

i have skype for home phone could these plug in to router

and serve as handsets

Probably not. These are SIP phones, so they need to connect to a PBX. Skype (as far as I know) does not provide a SIP gateway, so you’d need to get creative with Asterisk or something. It won’t be a plug and play affair, unless there’s some kind of modded firmware for the phone that supports it.

thanks for reply

they make a phone fr this task

Yes, there are phones meant specifically for Skype. You would need one of those, as a general-purpose SIP phone will not work.

These phones use Power over Ethernet (PoE) for power, so they are really setup more for office use than home use.

Also since they are SIP phones, you will need a SIP provider or SIP PBX like Asterisk. I use PBXinaFlash.

How many people would like a short class on how to setup these phones for use with Google Voice?

For a one time cost of about $35, including the phone, you can have a VoIP deskphone with Caller ID, speaker phone, 6 preset speed dials and Google Voice free calls to anywhere in the US and Canada.

They could even be setup similar to a small key system, where several phones would all ring at the same time, and any phone could answer. Calls can be transferred between phones, etc… without having to setup asterisk.

1 Like

@StandSimmons

I would be very interested in this class!

73, Walter

I would like to learn about it. I dabble with Voice, but don’t use it fully I’m sure. I have Ooma for home, but use GV for my business line.

I’ve set up the class for Saturday, May 9, from 1pm until 2pm. It is free and open to the public.