DMS Craft Sale 11/29/2020

Advertising is very important. This has not been done in the past. Only people that turned out were members.

A flyer and central message would make it easier to share on NextDoor, FB Marketplace, Social Media, local rec centers and community centers, local papers like Community Impact, and radio like Art & Seek.

1 Like

An email to current members would also be good

To be fair, it has been done in the past, but it’s the kind of thing that can be done a lot more.

1 Like

Bump.

Currently
@coffeebean
@Webdevel
@Hardsuit
@jnorine
@dryad2b – Stardrake Books
@sroriginals
@Cairenn_Day

I’ll look for other links y’all might have posted (like with Nicole’s post). If you didn’t do that, please post here.

2 Likes

We’re pulling out. We don’t feel safe considering the massive uptick in positive cases.

8 Likes

I am as well.

6 Likes

Hi—following up to see if there is any update on participation and a link or resources to promote the event to our Facebook & social media connected friends? We signed up via calendar, but haven’t found additional info other than here. Admittedly, hosting family over the last several days, so may have missed Creative Arts FB group posts.

We were just planning a simple table with a few new things we’d like to see if folks like. If it looks like there will be any problems/concerns with city COVID policies, or if a number of people are dropping out as exhibitors, is this the best place for the most up-to-date directions and guidelines?

Many, many thanks!
Sam & Dave

1 Like

Why, yes. This is the best spot for info. There should be a paid FB ad coming up. My current thought is that we’ll set up on the south end of the building. That’s not technically our space, but nobody should need the parking on Sunday, and we’ll be more visible.

The show is supposed to be open to the public at 11.

2 Likes

And I’ll put event announcements in the FB groups tomorrow.

1 Like

Is it free to attend and walk around?

Thank you so much! We have not attended or exhibited at an event of any kind, and only started making things available to sell in the last 4 months. I’m just trying to prepare and figure out what and how much to bring. This feels like a safe first event for our fledgling maker craft business.

We joined DMS nearly 2 yrs ago, but have a hard time getting there from Burleson. When we do make it, I always get so much out of it—skills, knowledge and creative stimuli. Looking forward to seeing/meeting folks on Sunday.

2 Likes

Yes, absolutely.

I’m hoping that this link works. It’s in Dallas MakerSpace Creative Arts, which is a public group.

https://www.facebook.com/events/205846054250131

@Cairenn_Day, @sroriginals

1 Like

Come and shop a bit! 11 am to 4 pm.

Stardrake Books – handmade blank books, ink pots, maybe pens, boxes, sealing wax and seals. Things I may have forgotten.

Pottery items

@samsnydertx – I didn’t get what sort of things you’re selling? (Other than hand-made, that is.)

Is the event still on? I signed up to vend on the DMS schedule. I have my own tables (two 6’ ones). Selling handmade dog collars and cloth masks.

As of last night, yes it’s still on. Beth may not answer because she’s probably setting up right now.

Are there tours happening today? Is there a limit of people inside the building?

It looks like no one showed for it. Probably a combination of rain and the pandemic. Beth will know more.

This year was pretty much a bust. The morning rain and drizzle probably chased off my other vendor. We were there, but we didn’t actually set up, as shoppers were very few. We were unloading and reloading the van as it was.

Onward to next year! I’ll wait for things to settle out a bit before scheduling/discussing. There are vaccines out there, but the supply chain is bound to be special…

2 Likes

Maybe a virtual sale might work. Although, that could get dicey with the bylaws.