DMS Ceramics Earth Day Activity

The Dallas Maker Space is participating in the city of Carrollton Earth Day celebration. The ceramics department has a demo set up for throwing on the wheel and hopefully hand building. I have had the event up on the calendar for a few weeks but the only ones confirmed so far is myself and Jamie.

The event is on Saturday, April 20, 2024 from11 a.m. to 3 p.m.

Location: Josey Ranch Lake Library at 1700 Keller Springs Rd, Carrollton

They are asking vendors to be there between 8:45am and 9:00am to setup. They have made some adjustments due to weather so the clay and lapidary demo are in the Story Room which is just inside the library on the right hand side. The room will have tarp along the floors and they will have a volunteer who is familiar with the room to help. They will also have snacks and drinks available for staff/vendors.

Let me know if you have an interest in attending.

4 Likes

I’ll come join. Let me know if you would like another wheel, I live quite close and it would be very easy to pop mine into the car.

1 Like

I’ll be there, and I’ll bring the DMS brochures and lapidary stuff

2 Likes

That will be great. Jamie is planning on bringing her wheel so we did not have to carry the heavy wheels from the maker space.

Let me know what else you need. I’m picking items up supplies from the space this evening. I will bring Clay also.

Chris, It would be great if you bring your wheel. I am grabbing some buckets and supplies from the maker space

1 Like

There is covered parking at the back of the library