DMS Cars & Cleanup 7/7

Agreed. Sorry @Bizwacky. Greatly appreciate all you do. Let me know if there’s anything with which I might help.

DD

1 Like

If you missed the first one, don’t miss the sequel, May 5th, DMS’s Good Vibes Cleanup Club.

Good Vibes Cleanup Club is not a club, it’s not a meet, and it’s not a group drive, it’s a way of life! And that way of life involves dirty, menial labor as we maintain the automotive area. Our goal is to have our community workshop be clean, functional, and organized. Come on out and help, there’s guaranteed to be good vibes, good conversation, and questionable fluids.

Auto bays will be closed during this time. Lift Training will be available for anyone who volunteers. Wear clothes you don’t mind ruining.

https://calendar.dallasmakerspace.org/events/view/17896

5 Likes

Don’t forget like I almost did, automotive cleanup day is today, May 5th. Come on down and work up a sweat before you hit the margaritas.

2 Likes

Our next cleanup Day is July 7th. It’s the biggest automotive event between Valwood and Beltline!

6 Likes

Friendly remind that our cleanup day is next Thursday, July 7th. We’ve got a big wish list of things to get done so if you can make it, we’d appreciate it.

I’m also planning on hosting a few rounds of auto auction price-is-right. There will be prizes!

Calling all gearheads of talk, please PM me your favorite sold cars from Bring A Trailer, Cars and Bids, etc. I’d like to get a fun list.

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: . Auto lift training

Cleanup day is today!

Lift training for everybody who shows up. I’ll try to kick things off when I get there after work but if you can’t be there until later that’s all good.

4 Likes

Thanks everyone that showed up! Lots of folks so we got a lot done. Check out the newly labeled and organized tool chests!

We also inventoried and checked the condition of all of the specialty tools in the right-hand green cabinet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1scchQ3PdPy70qXg4FKCDWVPyS0jHTdztcBx8zj_QiBQ/edit?usp=sharing

Item Location Model Number Condition
Back Pressure Tester Right Green Cabinet BPT01 Good
Disc Brake Pad and Caliper Service Tool Right Green Cabinet Maddox MF11-1 Good
FWD Axle Nut Socket Set Right Green Cabinet Cornwell OW-C4547 Good
Vacuum Coolant Refill Right Green Cabinet Oemtools 24444 Good
Inner Tie Rod Removal Set Right Green Cabinet 69619 Good
Vacuum Coolant Refill Right Green Cabinet Matco MCR100 Good
Car Body Repair Kit Right Green Cabinet ToolsClub 40488 Good
Bearing Splitter Right Green Cabinet ATD-3056 Good
Ball Joint Press Right Green Cabinet Astro 7865 Good
AC Manifold Right Green Cabinet US General Good
Hydraulic Crimping Tool Right Green Cabinet Temco TH0005 Good
Power Probe Right Green Cabinet BROKEN
Metric Rethreading Right Green Cabinet Jawco 2040 Good
Pulley Puller Right Green Cabinet Astro 7874 Good
Ball Joint Adaptar Right Green Cabinet Pittsburg BROKEN
Bearing Race Seal Driver Right Green Cabinet 12980 Good
Honda Acura Bearing Xtractor Right Green Cabinet SP Tools 65100 MISSING CUP
Deluxe Compresison Tester Right Green Cabinet OTC 5605 Good
Alternator Pulley Removal Right Green Cabinet Astro 7878 Good
Lug Nut Sockets With Impact Sockets Tekton Good
Swivel Sockets With Impact Sockets Sunex Good
Combustion leak Tester Right Green Cabinet 560000 NO FLUID
Mil-spec Crimp Tool Right Green Cabinet IWISS HD-2612 Good
Power Probe Right Green Cabinet PPKIT02 Good
Digital Timing Light Right Green Cabinet INNOVA 5568 Good
Vacuum COolant Refill Right Green Cabinet SChwaben Good
Cylinder Leak-Down Test Right Green Cabinet Maddox MH5-1 Good
Harmonic Balancer Installer Right Green Cabinet Cal-Van 38800 Good
Radiator Pressuer Test Kit Right Green Cabinet Pittsburgh 61622 Good
Air Operated Vacuum Pump Racks Pttsburgh good

I’m planning on printing that out to put on the door, as well as posting to the wiki and source, so folks know what’s available. If an enterprising volunteer would like to take care of that, we’d certainly appreciate it.

5 Likes

5 Likes

It’s long overdue for me to kick this back off. May the 4th be with you.

https://calendar.dallasmakerspace.org/events/view/19591

4 Likes

The sweet sludge at the bottom of the barrel is the sauce!

2 Likes

Reminding everyone that this is today.

3 Likes

The forbidden chocolate

1 Like

@Tres0422 has a real affinity for addressing the sludge.

@Bizwacky do we have any fresh juice for the parts washer?

We did buy some in recent memory but I’ll have to look and make sure we still have it.

I think we are out of the juice. We looked around but couldn’t find it around automotive. No idea where it went since it was concentrated & should have been enough for more change overs.

and a sock…for the parts washer

Ask and ye shall receive.

1 Like

So the sock was changed recently….but more recently someone cleaned some pretty dirty parts….not unreasonably dirty, but dirty. This gunked-up the new sock. I washed it with the walnut shell had cleaner and got it to pass fluid well enough….but it isn’t perfect.

1 Like