DMS can use a video like this

Ken, you have valid points. I suggest that DMS name a single point on contact to aid communication etc.

There a lot of rooms at DMS, in different states of completion, clean and active personnel.
It is unlikely that a single recording session for the entire site is possible. Multiple visits may be necessary ?

I can be that point of contact. Iā€™ve got some experience managing location shoots so I can help get the area prepped for shooting.

3 Likes

anyone with a drone wanna just burn through the place and then throw the footage somewhere for further editing? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Iā€™ve got a nice little DJI Mavic 2 Zoom drone that shoots really nice 4K video. Just rejoined DMS today after being away for more than a year. Happy to come in really late one night and fly through the facility and put together a video, if it would help. I learned how to fly it for the first time back in August of 2019 in the big new area where the machine shop and ceramics areas are now, back when the space was mostly empty.

@DigitalDoyle Go for it man. A late night fly thru. If thereā€™s another warm body somewhere in the space just have them be your spotter for blind corners to avoid collisions. Iā€™m generally there not busy enough just grab me. Late at night the laser / automotive / pottery areas are often busy enough that youā€™ve got actors already embedded into your footage without extra scheduling needed.

Theres plenty of people without a drone set up that have the resources to do videeo editing. Thatā€™s the only major gateway

1 Like

I do a lot of motion graphics, animation, video and custom websites, among other things, and am fully equipped to handle all of that. :wink: I can shoot the footage and put together a rough cut and post it and folks can chime in with ideas for text supers and maybe we can get someone to do a voiceover and Iā€™ll lay in a background music track. It wonā€™t be anything super spectacular, but it might help give DMS some exposure since we canā€™t do tours for a while.

5 Likes