DMS can use a video like this

5 Likes

Wonder if we could volunteer Romeo or anyone else to do this… :sweat_smile:

Wow, very impressive drone work. The audio dubbing was pretty nice as well. There is a lot of work in putting something like this together. Given some of the fly throughs suggesting a drone so small that only a fixed cam is an option makes the cinematography even more impressive by the pilot. Cool vid.

Here is what I would consider a successful DMS attempt.

More impressive is the actors coordination with the drone movement. I don’t see how this could be done in a single take without some clever cuts.

It took 12 attempts to get the one full pass. Masterful drone flying as well as great coordination with the “talent”.

3 Likes

He crashes the drone into a strike at the end. I’m guessing they only shot that scene once. Poor drone.

2 Likes

Perhaps a Matterport video would be an option. I have access to a camera. Matterport video is used in real estate, museums, schools, etc.

2 Likes

A Matterport tour would be great. I host a lot of these for my builder clients and would be happy to help create the tour. For those that do not know what a Matterport tour is:

5 Likes

We really need a well done tour. I did a quick walk through the space with my phone because a person I know wanted to see the makerspace. I would love to just send people a link to a proper virtual tour. I’m surprised we don’t already have one.

Dated, but was well done:

I actually found that one when I was looking into DMS back in 2018. The issue is it doesn’t show even half of what the space is today. We are desperate for an updated one. :cry: I wish I knew how to make cool videos because then I would just do it. :pensive:

The answer is effort. That is what it takes.
No one needs the best video, just a good video. I’d suggest find a video you like and mimic it if you don’t know where to start.

1 Like

Just set out to make a video better than what is currently there…

3 Likes

My sons just purchased a Matterhorn camera. He has made a few videos of his warehouse. He owns a business installing high end automatic window shades and various other smart home devices. Also one son is pursuing using the camera in Real Estate.

We would be interested in working with MS to produce a video. Maybe you could help setup a trial in one committee area. Let me know if you would li,e to discuss further.

6 Likes

That would be great. I will ask the BoD what would be a good committee area to start with. My thoughts are any self contained area that will not be changed in the near future. Maybe Creative Arts?

1 Like

Hey y’all, I’m a new member, and primarily a UX designer by trade but I do video work (with emphasis on cinematography, directing, editing, and voice work/audio mixing - not so much an actor) for my company as well - I’m not sure how useful I can be right away but I’d be interested in helping out with this. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I no longer have access to a matterport but Im very familiar with the process. It would be awesome for you to volunteer bringing in your machine

1 Like

Doug, my son Davin owns the camera. He has been communicating via email with Ken Purcell.

Davin is ready to create a no charge video but needs some in DMS support to keep individuals out of the shots during production.

Got any ideas on that? Perhaps an officer or Beth work with him. Would a notification on Talk be udeful?

1 Like

I has been my breakdown in not following up in the communication chain. I passed the sample link onto the board and they were very interested but wanted to know the parameters to getting it done.

Quick list:

Need to spruce/clean up many of areas of the space.
Do an initial test of a small area as a learning exercise.
Plan for a period where there are few members around. Do not want to interrupt their projects.
Is there a work flow to create the tour incrementally?
Etc.