Discussion from Proposed DMS COVID-19 policy

Why would you want to remove such a basic tenet from the Code of Behavior that has guided so many for so long in their behavioral excellence?? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Lots of fun history surrounding this moto…

1 Like

1 Like

According to current Pop Psychotics if we remove the rule/motto, behavioral excellence will follow. :laughing:

Maybe replace with “There’s a video camera near you.” :shushing_face:

Sure, the agenda is open, fire away!

Shame on you for using a Keanu meme and it not being one of his exelentness himself!

Over the last two weeks, I’ve been in Walmart, Kroger, Michaels, Aldi, 7-11 and Winco, without a mask. I did not read or even see a list of “rules” before entering. Maybe they has something posted, maybe not. DMS is going to have to catch up sooner or later.

You know what all of those places have that we don’t? Paid staff. People who get paid to clean and do functional tasks, like cleaning out ice makers and stocking shelves (which is in the same realm as hauling project storage to purgatory or the dumpster.)

4 Likes

So basically the governments stand point on it, is they can’t require it but any private organization or business has the right to request they be worn, and prevent access to whoever refuse to comply

And the proposed policy doesn’t require mask wearing at DMS. What’s your specific beef with the proposed policy?

1 Like

Probably that it hasn’t happened yet.

2 Likes

I’ve seen some people walking around or sitting at the Space with no mask. I’ve seen others whom I know have been vaxxed, still wearing masks. I think this will continue until we have a few weeks with no new Covid cases; it’s coming.

As before, I encourage anyone who hasn’t been vaccinated to get vaxxed. Let’s put this plague to bed.

1 Like

That seems optimistic. We are still running close to 100 new covid cases per day in Denton county. I fully expect the public to loose interest by the time the Denton county new daily rate gets into 10s. And at that point, it will become like the flu, where new daily case counts is effectively not reported.

If you look at the rates for the state, its quite interesting how fast they were dropping off. In a matter of a few weeks it cut in half. Then another few weeks it dropped to about 10% of the original number. Feb 1 22k then the 23rd it was 10k followed by about 2-3k its been hovering over the past few weeks.

1 Like

Which is terrifying because if it’s allowed to continue to circulate like the cold the more likely (the reason there’s no cure for the cold) that more strains pop up and one of those just might very well end up being a type that our vaccines aren’t capable of stopping! So what you mentioned is a very unsettling reality in the very near future

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

4 Likes

Honestly, I don’t think I know of anyone that thinks this virus can be eradicated. The people who are supposed to know have all compared it to the flu and suggest we will just have to get used to living with it.

1 Like

Look, since this virus is in the world, it won’t be eradicated easily. A lot of people got killed by it, a lot more were seriously inconvenienced by it.

I thank God for Ugur Sahin and Katilin Kariko for founding BioNTech, and inventing the mRNA vaccine, BNT162b2.

This is the way we end the nightmare.

1 Like

Lol the reason we still have the cold is because there’s too many strains to be able to vaccinate against it to stop it from working its way around the population, except this is a much more contagious virus and it’s a lot more deadly so it’s not about eradicating it it’s getting it so it doesn’t continue circulating and mutating, so the mentality of oh it’ll just be like the flu it’s not worries, will be met with harsh consequences! People need to not take their foot off the gas and let it slip into Social loafing territory, keep pushing for as many people you know to get shots, now don’t belittle or berate people if they choose not to but anyone who can be logically reasoned with should be

You contradicted yourself again. If it is not eradicated, it WILL continue to spread and mutate. There is no magical third realm where it exists but doesn’t spread and mutate. This is truly a binary situation.

1 Like

2 examples come to mind; H1N1 and Hong Kong-A. The 1st, H1N1 is still 10 times as deadly as SARS-CoV2; the reason it hasn’t killed with impunity lately is because people get a copy of H1N1 vaccine in the annual Flu Shots. Hong Kong-A ravaged the planet in 1968-69, killing a million people because it was a novel Flu against which nobody had any antibodies.

Coronavirus is somewhere in between. It is a novel virus (not many have any immunity), but luckily it is nowhere near as deadly as H1N1. Yes, we can develop immunity by herd and through artificial means with vaccines. The threshold for this goal is somewhere near 62-66% of the general population, for this virus with a Ro - 2.55.

As for the myriad of rhinoviruses loose on the Earth, I learned a valuable lesson in Ionophores last Fall. I caught a virus on Nov. 3rd, while working the Election. I didn’t know if it was Corona, so I loaded up on an Ionophore (chemicals which alter the charge in your lipid cell walls to allow the passage of Zn+2; HCQ, EGCG, and Quercetin are 3 examples) and Zinc. Zinc is a well known antiviral; it drastically slows viral replication in human lysosomes, and Ionophores allow a much higher concentration of Zinc into cells. The result of this was that it was the fastest I had ever resolved a virus; it was gone in 40 hours!

3 Likes